I'M SCREAMING TO GET OUT OF THIS FAT BODY SUIT!

Options
I am 200+ pounds overweight. This happened at the age of 16. Lowest I ever remember weighing was 290 at the age of 11. Yes, 11. It saddens and sickens me, scares me to death.

This isn't me. This isn't who I want to be. I am so much better than this.

I have lost a lot of weight already (nowhere even near enough). Will do an official weigh in on Monday.

I need to fight this time.

I keep giving up.

I keep giving in.

I need to get selfish and do this for me. Focus on me.

I need motivation, inspiration, a buddy to talk to.

Replies

• Strongandscrappy
    Strongandscrappy Posts: 1,735 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of support on this sight. I'd be happy to be your buddy. Feel free to add me. We are all in this together!
  • AnnieS1970
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as well. I am new and would love to help someone else while trying to help myself as well.
  • mandez19
    mandez19 Posts: 179
    Options
    You are a very pretty girl with a long road ahead to fitness and good health. My only advice for now is to not obsess about the scale and your weight fluctuations from day to day. I went down 5 in a week and back up 3 and am still up 2 from my weigh in 5 days ago. I feel great though. Keep focused on the long term results and do your best each day.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat girl. :) I've lost and gained and lost and gained so much in my life that I lost count. I lost over 100 pounds after I had my daughter only to have it slowly creep back on. Now I'm back up on my feet giving it another go. Only this time, I am doing it with a different mindset. I'm 38. I'm a single mother. If I don't get my weight under control, I'm worried I won't be here when my daughter graduates high school. I am doing this for both me and her. If you need a friend, let me know. I'm fairly new to the site, but I have been keeping at this for a couple months now and could use a buddy. :)
  • KimberW333
    Options
    get it girl! im on the edge myself and im trying to get down we can do this!!! im rooting for you!!!
  • desidieter
    desidieter Posts: 195
    Options
    Support is crucial to success, I've learned! And there is great support here on this site. I will send you a friend request. :) You can do this!!
  • cecesquats
    cecesquats Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    you can do this. you're going to have bad days and eat too much. it's just going to happen. & you will feel like quitting, and that's okay. what matters is that even if you feel that way, that you get back up and try again :)
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I'm only about 70 lbs overweight but I hate the feeling of a layer of fat, like a jello wetsuit, around the muscles of my legs when I'm out walking. I imagine for you it must be worse.

But, as they say, "A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step". Start slow, keep moving. Two years from now you will be two years older, and either thin, or still fat. Your choice. You can do this.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    hi sunflower - sounds like you really mean it this time. You will need lots of support and motivation. Gather many friends on MFP. Join a group that has people with similar goals. The little "Likes" and encouraging comments can really make a difference.

You can add me as a friend.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Don't ever give up and never give in. You are not being selfish looking out for your health. Take your time, try to realize that the time weight loss takes will aid you in learning new, healthier habits. When I lost my weight it seemed to take forever. During that extremely long process, I learned what works and I used that time to learn about eating, exercise and fitness. Trust me, slow and steady wins the weight loss race. When I started losing weight, I actually thought there was an end point. One of my motivators was that I could lose my weight and then go back to my old habits. This may sound stupid, but I thought that if only I could lose the weight, it would stay off forever. I feel like a fool, but now I am a thin, healthy fool. I have learned a lot and it was hard, but is was worth all the effort. Try to take the time to educate yourself and learn how to treat yourself in a healthy manner. Try to think of this as new lifestyle and not a diet,
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    i suggest getting obsessed.

find the fun in it.

fun exersizes, fun meal plans, fun people, and treat logging like food tetris. find the fun.

i quit every diet i was ever on. my mom started me dieting when i was 12 or so. every time i quit. this time i found success by saying screw the diet. i am here for a new and fun lifestyle. i dont eat diet food, i eat food. good food and less of it. and i am trying every exersize that strikes my fancy until i find the ones i love (so far running and lifting with a barbell are my favorites)

find the fun. and dont do it for the pounds. do it for the lifestyle. the pounds will follow.

also add meeeeeee. i am on a need new friends kick myself.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Stick to it. That's really the best advice I can give you.
  • love8383
    love8383 Posts: 169
    Options
    I think the key to losing alot of weight is just sticking with it and losing it slowly, no matter what happens or how many bad days you have, just to keep getting back on track. i remember years ago failing at diets continually because every time i went over my calories for the day i would always say to myself, oh well the days ruined i'll start again tomorrow, and then binge eat whatever junk i wanted and those days turned into weeks until i quit all together. Now i still have bad days but i don't let it ruin anything, It doesn't undo the hard work so i just move on and stay focused...It takes a long time when you have a lot to lose but don't be discouraged time's going to pass anyway, and think about how you will feel a year from now.
  • thepandapost
    thepandapost Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    When I was 15 years old I weighed roughly 250 pounds. I was miserable. I felt completely betrayed by my body since all my friends were small and could wear whatever they wanted. This was back in 2004 so cute plus size clothes weren't a common place.

Fast forward to 2014, I am 26 years old now. For 11 years I have fought for my healthy lifestyle. I have gone to goal weight and gained and back to goal again and gained again. It is a evolving process but I HAVE NEVER GIVEN UP. I keep fighting the fight. 11 YEARS!! When I was young I thought I could lose weight and be fixed but clearly I need to keep with it.

Feel free to add me.
  • thepandapost
    thepandapost Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    This is what keeps me going...

"Make Progress. Move Forward. Be Your Priority - Kathy (@thepandapost)"
  • kherrons
    kherrons Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! That goes for anyone :) I still have at least 115lbs to lose. I also have an open diary. I try to be active during the day on the news feed.
  • cheriann12
    cheriann12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to be your fitnesspal friend as well. Hope your next weigh in is fantastic! One day at a time.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    your in the right place...there are plenty of people here who will give you encouragement...some that will even hold you accountable.

good luck to you and to everyone here on hitting your goals....you can do it!
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    I would suggest therapy.