breastfeeding

Options
Hello, new mothers out there i know while breastfeeding there is no way to diet just to monitor you diet as in a healthier lifestyle. I am wondering if anyone knows how i can add to my account that i am breastfeeding so i don't constantly see negative feedback i know you are allowed to have up too 500 more calories a day. SO IF ANYONE CAN HELP THAT WOULD BE GREAT

Replies

• albrown5
    albrown5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i am nursing my baby too! I was wondering the samething. I thought I would try and start with an extra 300 calories and see how my supply does. How old is your baby? mine is 5 weeks old.
  • TMcChamp
    TMcChamp Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    from all my reading and research, while breastfeeding you should not consume less than 1500 cals with most suggesting 1800-2000. exclusively breastfeeding is 500 cals a day, once solids/formula is commenced then its 300. I assume the 1500 is after introduction of solids.
    i am breastfeeding and on 1900 cals, i am losing small amounts a week (between 300-600 grams). keep your fluids up and keep an eye on your supply.
  • LotteBum
    LotteBum Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a little biased, but I think LumpsMum's comment makes a lot of sense. You don't want to overdo it whilst breastfeeding, as it can affect your supply. Besides, even small losses are good :-)