Listen to my body, or stick to the plan?

Options
How do you handle it?

For whatever reason today, I have been feeling ravenously hungry. I usually eat pretty close to my calorie goal of 1470 and am satisfied, but after carefully crafting my dinner to just stay within the goal, I am still just HUNGRY. I also feel cranky and a bit headachy. It's probably partially due to not getting enough sleep the last few days. I drank a bunch of water too, but that didn't really help.

Anyway- when this happens do you listen to your body and just go over that day, or do you stick it out?

Replies

• CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Could you find something full of protein? A small, high-protein snack could take care of the hunger while putting you only 100-200 over your limit. Maybe you exercised more today or something to make you hungrier than usual.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I listen to my body. But I listen to it when it isn't requiring as many calories, too.

I don't eat up and down to the number.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Try eating back half of your exercise calories, that might help curb it.
  • glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I only had 80 exercise calories today, and I ended up eating 60 of them. I am seriously working on upping my protein intake because that's an issue for me anyway, so perhaps on days when I get more I will feel more full.

I am not really worried about why it's happening so much as I was curious how other ppl handle it because it doesn't happen to me that often, but I guess it doesn't feel right ignoring my body's signals when I know it's not just boredom, stress, etc.
  • helloreenie
    helloreenie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    listen to your body. just make good choices. if you're hungry and over your limit, eat something that will satisfy and be low in calories so you're not over by much. but my mantra is to always always always listen to my body!.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    It's it's really bad then having a maintenance day won't set your progress back too far. Eat some extra healthy filling food with your extra (500?) calories and then go back to a deficit tomorrow. Try to avoind binging on calorie dense crap though. We all have days where we feel extra hungry for whatever reason. It's probaly helpful to your long term progress and sanity if you eat a little extra on these days provided they don't become too frequent