Headaches!! Help please

Options
This is day 2 of clean eating. I have horrible head aches:(((. I know this is because of detox but what can i do ? Is this normal?

Replies

• karelyvillanueva095
    Options
    Detox as in not eating junk and just drinking water. I am 19 and im 5"3 and 200 lbs
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    This is day 2 of clean eating. I have horrible head aches:(((. I know this is because of detox but what can i do ? Is this normal?

Without more information it is hard to guess the cause.

Once upon a time I gave up caffeine for a while (cold turkey) to win a bet with a friend. Caffeine withdrawal gave me headaches.

I am not sure what foods you are giving up or what makes you think you need to "detox". If your liver, kidneys and other organs are working properly, "detoxing" should be automatic.
  • karelyvillanueva095
    Options
    About 1500-1700 a day. Im eating grains fruits vegetables and dairy. Detox means clean eating.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Detox as in not eating junk and just drinking water. I am 19 and im 5"3 and 200 lbs
    If you've had a headache for two days, you should call the doctor. If it gets horrible, you should go to the ER.

I assume you're eating healthy food and not fasting. Are you eating enough? Eating too little will give you a headache.

Cutting caffeine will give you a withdrawal headache.

You aren't detoxing anything. Your body came equipped with detoxifiers. It was getting rid of toxins long before you ever heard the word. You don't have to detox...and you can't, anyway, so...consider stopping that whole train of thought.

Eat healthy! Yay! But don't worry about toxins.

The one and only time people really need to think about that stuff is when the doctors kill off too much bacteria with the antibiotics. But the doctors know when they do it and will give you a pill to help those wee bacteria multiply. So, if the doctor doesn't talk about it, don't worry about it.

And, again, call about the headaches.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

If you were drinking caffeine on a daily basis before, the headaches are withdrawal.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Eating healthy does not mean you're suddenly detoxing. You are always detoxing, thats why we have a liver and kidneys. This would not cause headaches but being dehydrated would.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options

If you were drinking caffeine on a daily basis before, the headaches are withdrawal.
    And this^