New and ready to feel Fabulous!

Options
I've been on this site about a week and I love it so far. I'm trying to lose 80lbs total, but my first goal is to get below 200, and I don't really have a certain date I want these goals reached, but the sooner the better! I just wish all the food would stop trying to seduce me back into our unhealthy relationship :smile:

Replies

• jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, maintaining control over food and how it sings to us is such a challenge. Its not like smoking where you can just give up cigarettes forever, you can't give up food forever. So you have to learn to manage it, not small task. I try to ask myself: Is the choice I'm making right now moving me closer to or further from my goal? I'm by no means perfect but 85% of the time I can say I make a choice that moves me closer. I've lost a lot of weight and as you put it - I feel "FABULOUS". Its hard but very very worth it.

Good luck.
  • BK120
    BK120 Posts: 107
    Options
    Welcome. This site is a great place for making those unhealthy relationships go away. Feel free to friend me and we can support each other on this new life style.
  • MandyLynn9708
    Options
    Welcomeee :)
    I am also trying to get under 200.
    You can add me a friend.

GOOD LUCK!!!
  • snowness
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is awesome and so many people here are very helpful. I have the same issue as you with the food calling my name so what I do is to make sure that the food that calls me the loudest and I know I cannot ignore is not in the house. It has helped a lot. I have about 100 pounds to lose but my first big goal is to get under 200. If you would like to fee free to add me :)
  • skinnyheat
    Options
    Thanks for the advice and encouragement, it really is helpful! I love this site!
  • Dteg
    Dteg Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is a great idea to break up your goal. It makes it feel not as scary. I never did this before i joined MFP and this time the weight is coming off and I am not so scared to face the weight and food in the face and win the battle
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Look forward to taking this weight loss journey with you!

Goals aren't goals unless they're measurable. Set a date that you want to get below 200 and go for it!

God bless!

Shawn