Did you ever fall off a treadmill

Options

Replies

• sbetts2229
    sbetts2229 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, I can admit that i dropped my water bottle, and stopped to pick it up...hello wall behind me..
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    When I was younger, I put the speed as fast as it would go and I tried to jump on. It didn't go good. All the skin on the front side of my body was taken off.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Check this guy out: http://iruntheinternet.com/04321
    (dancing!)

When we owned a treadmill, and I first started using it, I fell off. No one was home, so it didn't make a sound until today...
  • Lumpy52403
    Lumpy52403 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I did once. I was paying too much attention to the TV on the wall in front of me.
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Yep. We have one at home, and I've fallen off at least twice. I'm not very coordinated, and since I've been using it consistently for the past three years (although we've had it for longer), I think that's pretty good! :)
  • Lumpy52403
    Lumpy52403 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    ...I thought for sure he was going to go *kitten* over teakettle...

LOL! I've never heard that one before. Is that a regional expression in your area?
  • GrandmaJackee
    GrandmaJackee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    No but I saw someone do it. He was flirting with a gal on the one next to him and she was ignoring him. After we knew he was not hurt (other than his pride) we all laughted
  • GrandmaJackee
    GrandmaJackee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hahahahaha That's so funny. I never have, I just look really stupid on the treadmill cause I hold on to the bars really tight the whole time because I am a klutz and can so see that happening to me.:laugh:
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I did in high school; it hurt. :(
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Yes! I was using our gym at work and it was like 6pm. I was the only one there and had got up to a really decent run and was feeling great. Then, the power on the treadmill just went out and I went flying. Good thing I didn't hurt myself too bad or I'd probably have lain in there all night waiting for help.

Now I only use the elliptical at the work gym. lol
  • prettychelly
    prettychelly Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Once when I was 7 years old. It happened at Sears. I still have the scar to prove it.
  • lisanangel
    lisanangel Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Just once when I first started going to the gym. I have bad feet one is almost numb got 2 bad skinned knees and lots of bruises !!!!
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    No but I tripped on mile 25 of my first marathon and face planted on the cement. OMG I was embarrassed beyond belief :laugh:
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Yes, I was using older equipment at a former workplace gym, and it accelerated unexpectedly. I scraped all the skin off the palm of my hand and it got infected. I never got on a treadmill again after that. I either walk outdoors or do a stationary bike or an aerobics-type class. I can't understand the mystique of using a machine to walk.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    No, but my iPhone's gone off the back and into a wall.

And not long ago our dog jumped ON the treadmill, in front of me, hit me, tripped me (I managed to stay upright) and then went flying off the back and into the wall. She's fine.:happy:
  • homerismyhero
    homerismyhero Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Not yet, but when I saw someone do it at the gym- they slipped and fell face first and got zoomed off of the back of the thing- I made a point of not looking at him or acknowledging it in an effort not to add to his embarrassment. We all just carried on like nothing happened.
  • megmarie81
    megmarie81 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes. In high school. I fell on it and it kept going and I could actually see my start to appear. I finally (in reality only a few seconds) got up and was able to turn it off. Tore so much skin off my right leg and foot. It took forever to heal as well. I tried to get on one a few times since but I would start to lose my balance a bit and then I would get too scared to keep going. My brain just doesn't handle them well because I feel like I should be moving but I'm not so I just get dizzy and that's when the coordination problems happen.

I stick to bikes and ellipticals.
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Not the treadmill but the arc trainer... worst experience at the gym by far!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Yup. I hit part of the belt, part of the stationary machine next to the belt, lost my balance and went off the back. Not only that, the safety stop string came off my shirt, and the lovely, rusted clip cut my lip. I had to go get a tetanus shot after that one... I think I've only been on a treadmill twice since then, and my friend had to beg me to go walk beside her...
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Not the treadmill but the arc trainer... worst experience at the gym by far!
    Oh, and I completely bit it trying to get off an elliptical too. I'm very graceful...