how to measure?

Options
How do you measure your stomach and hips? Sorry if it sounds stupid but I have never been measured before.

Replies

• zumba66girl
    Options
    bump
  • tracyg86
    tracyg86 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi

I use a measuring tape, you know the ones for sewing etc. its soft like material?
    Just make sure it isnt twisted around you or it wont be accurate.

Hope thats some help

Tracy
  • Becs_lil
    Options
    For your waist, measure around the smallest part of your waist and you should measure around the widest part of your hips, which I believe is around your hip/pubic bones and your bum :)
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    i'm not sure if its the same as everyone else - but for waist I do the smallest part, and also across the belly button. and hips i do the widest part of hips and bottom!
  • Marcia_11
    Marcia_11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    When I did mine, I took my waist measurement, then moved down about 4 inches which happened to be the largest part of my tummy and took a measurement there. Then went down about another 3 inches or so for my hips. Just remember about where you measured so next time you are in the general area to compare to.

Hope this helps
  • tracyg86
    tracyg86 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    haha sorry i sound really thick now :)

Do remember where you measured before and then you are comparing the same area the next time.

Tracy x
  • slummymummy
    slummymummy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Stand in front of a mirror to ensure you keep the tape measure straight. It is also best not to measure over clothing as it can either add bulk, or, if you are wearing something fitted, give you false hope!

You'll probably find keeping track of your inch loss if you take 4 measurements:
    1 - Chest - Across the fullest part of your bust.
    2 - Waist - Around the smallest part of your waist (usually half way between the bottom of your ribcage and top of your hip bone.)
    3 - Abdomen - Around the body, across the belly button.
    4 - Hips - around the fullest part of your hips (the tape measure should cut across your backside)

I know some people also measure around their thighs etc but I can take the measurement a dozen times and get a different figure! The 4 measurements above always seem very reliable.

Good luck! :wink:
  • MrsH06
    MrsH06 Posts: 159
    Options
    thank you everyone :)