Did you ever fall off a treadmill

Options

Replies

• fortysixpounds
    fortysixpounds Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    not exactly but I got a groupon for this new gym that opened near me. The treadmills there stop sooo abruptly. Every single time I tried to switch it off, it stopped so suddenly I lost my balance and made a tit of myself haha. Also I set it to random and that was a big mistake the thing went from walking 2mph abruptly to a sprint in about 2 seconds flat...again totally lost my balance, you know it's on random but you don't expect it to be THAT random lol.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i came close to passing out while running on it once. not even sure how i kept myself upright but i did.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    No but I did have some close calls, I don't pay attention because I'm watching netflix on my phone while I'm doing my cardio. I switched to elliptical... lol
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    This guy (http://iruntheinternet.com/04321) amazes me! I am absolutely not coordinated, and am in awe of folks who so clearly ARE.
  • blp1919
    blp1919 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes! Some time back I was walking on the treadmill while listening to music on my cd player.
    My cd player stopped and I stopped walking to see what the problem was but the treadmill was still going when I stopped walking.
    I shot off the back of the treadmill as my head set and cd player went flying up in the air.
    I smashed my knee pretty good. I got up and looked over at the young babe walking on another treadmill near me to see if she had noticed my embarrassing mishap.
    Luckily young babes don't pay attention to fat old guys!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    No but we were doing Butt and Gutt on the floor earlier this summer and I was a little hesitant to do Windshield Wipers and my trainer hollered out - you're on the floor, you can't fall anywhere !
  • CleanUpWhatIMessedUp
    CleanUpWhatIMessedUp Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have never fallen off the treadmill. It is a big fear of mine, which is one of the reasons I don't go on the treadmill anymore. However, one time I was at the gym and decided to get on the stair machine. I didn't really no what I was doing with the settings and it ended up being way too fast for me and I couldn't stop it and I was panicking and about to fall, but finally I was able to lift myself up to the top and hold myself there until I could press the emergency stop button the machine. It was terrifying. I haven't been on the stair machine since then!
  • jbrownnolan
    jbrownnolan Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Not yet (actually one of my biggest treadmill fears) but I've dropped things on the treadmill and sent them flying across the gym floor - Water bottles, head phones, iPhone, that's pretty embarrassing, everyone stops what they are doing and looks at you while you try very gracefully and nonchalantly to clean up your mess, unfortunately, being graceful after running on the treadmill doesn't seem to every happen and as to being nonchalant after sending things flying into the room off a belt and not have anyone notice, ya, that doesn't happen either LOL
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I once had a treadmill just quit working, causing me to stumble and crash into the console part of it. I'm sure that people around me thought I just tripped, I wanted to shout "hey, this machine just died, it wasn't my fault, I'm not a clumsy buffoon!", but I just limped over to another machine and got over it.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I did, years ago. It was in a small health club in my then office building and I used to go down and jog while watching TV. The show I was watching was a couple TVs to the side (we must not have been able to change the channel), and I managed to step to the side too much so that one foot came down half off the tread part. That caused me to lose my balance and be thrown off.

I picked myself up, looked around and reassured myself no one was there to see it, and continued my workout. But of course it was seen--when I left the person at the desk insisted I sign a release saying I wasn't hurt. I was too embarrassed to refuse.

I have successfully used the treadmill many times since then, so one can recover!
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAH yes as a matter of fact I did, forgot I was on the treadmill and bent down to pick up the cap to my water bottle and zip bang....yep that was me. The gym was packed too so I stood up and said TA DA, got back on and continued. If nothing else it should have at least entertained the masses.
  • greenstar25
    greenstar25 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    No, I have not, but once I watched a guy running on it and his pants fell off ;-)
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    ...I thought for sure he was going to go *kitten* over teakettle...

LOL! I've never heard that one before. Is that a regional expression in your area?

HAHA yes, "*kitten* over teakettle" is a pretty common expression in Maine. :) It's also quite funny to watch. You tend to also get "right sideways" on occasion.
  • sdouglas0728
    sdouglas0728 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I fell off the elliptical my first time on it. I was trying to drink my water without stopping moving...
    I am not a coordinated lady.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I did. Twice. It was so embarrassing.
    Oh my goodness, yes, once or twice. I've also fallen on the road while running, and almost got hit by a car once when I fell.
  • csec6pak
    csec6pak Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I was once running pretty fast on a treadmill at the gym, and some idiot lady decided she would squeeze between my treadmill and the one next to me, instead of walking around to the end of the row. Her foot kicked the cord to my treadmill and it came unplugged from the outlet. It stopped abruptly and I ran into the console, and almost kept going over it head first. The lady gave me a dirty look and walked off. It took me a minute to realize what had happened and that it was her fault, not mine!
  • lillyrose2020
    lillyrose2020 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Not fallen off BUT my boyfriend dropped his iphone whilst running on the treadmill and it fell through the gap, went under the belt and the treadmill spat it out the other side! Safe to say it was totally ruined, bent and shattered the phone. Everyone in the gym just stared dumbfounded! I felt guilty though, as at the time he dropped his phone he was trying to demonstrate to me that I was using the rowing machine wrong. Oops!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to place this thread in the fail category due to it's lack of video evidence.

Yes indeed
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I've got my shoe lace stuck in the belt once. Thank the ever-loving Lord I was only walking about 3mph so I was able to hit the kill switch!