Gaining weight

Options
I have been gaining weight, it seems like the last 2-3 months I've lost the control on my weight after maintaining a healthy weight for about 2 years. I did relax a little bit because when I was in "maintenance mode" I was still eating the calories recommended for weight loss and exercising 5-7 days a week.
I now went to the calories recommended for 1 pound weight loss and will admit I only get about 5 workouts in a week. I haven't been perfect but 12 pounds is a lot. Is it weird that I have to stay in weight lose mode to maintain? I'm not as perfect as I once was but I am more balanced with my approach but I'm gaining and frustrated. Idea's, motivation, suggestions welcome. Thanks

Replies

• Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    If you're having to stay in "weight loss mode" to maintain, then you're not accurately logging and weighing everything that you're consuming. Simple as that.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Maintenance will be about 3 lbs up or down. It will never be one stagnant weight, just as a note.

Are your logs 100% accurate. If you're gaining weight like consistently over a few weeks, you're not eating maintenance calories, you're eating a surplus. I'd check logging accuracy. If needed, a food scale might be a good investment. I still use mine in maintenance and even trying to bulk, so that I know decently accurately where to take my calories.

Are you overestimating exercise calories or loose logging on weekends? More things to consider
  • mbutucel
    Options
    Thanks Ladies. Maintenance for the last 2 years was 2-3 pound fluctuation. I try to accurately log food and always log under estimate exercise (to give a cushion if i am unsure I take the highest calories and the lowest amount for exercise) but I know denial is a tough part of a life long battle with food and health. Re-evaluation time because I will not give up. :huh: