Salads

Options
What do you put in yours? I LOVE salads..great for snacking and much healthier too. (depending what you choose to put in) One i like to do is a spinach salad..using all baby spinach leaves, using a low calorie dressing..sometimes ill throw in some onions, some lettuce..(some dark) and cabbage. :happy:

Replies

• weelissa
    weelissa Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love watercress salad with chunks of fresh orange... delicious!
  • fitmom125
    Options
    That sound delicious! I like mine with baby spinach, cranberries, cucumbers, diced grilled chicken, lettuce and tomatoes, onions, and lite rasberry dressing.
  • fitmom125
    Options
    Oh I like manderine oranges on mine too.
  • xlacijeanx
    xlacijeanx Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I love McCormick Salad Toppers- it's got sunflower seeds, bacon bits, etc and adds crunch, love carrots, onions, wild rocket/ european lettuces, spinach, sometimes I add 1/8 cup of shredded cheese, or 4 multigrain croutons, usually fat free raspberry vinaigrette and a splash or 2 of vinegar! :) Yum- that may be lunch for me today! lol
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Smoked salmon, tuna, hardboiled eggs, pickled beets, dried cranberries, almonds, carrots, olives, avacado, pepperocini, grilled chicken or beef strips (can buy them pre-cooked in bags).............not all on one salad of course but any combination.............I use Salad Spritzers, only about 10 calories so I can save my calories for better stuff than salad dressing.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I love the south western style. So I use lettuce, chop up a little cucumber, onion, and tomato, and then some motz cheese, black beans, crushed tortilla chips, and some southwest dressing. Yum yum! I use little of the dressing since I can't find any in "light" but over, a good, filling, and yummy lunch or dinner!
  • ErinJ1981
    Options
    I LOVE romaine with fresh pico de gallo, black beans, red onions, egg whites, cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower, a few croutons and red wine vinegar as the dressings. Only like 5 calories for the dressing. Man, my mouth is watering now.... =)
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I like corn, cherry tomatoes/normal tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, mm... i use yogurt as a dressing:D!
  • kuntrygurl
    Options
    This is usually how my salad looks, with the exception of a cheese change or omiting the Jalapeno.

Cucumber, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Bell Pepper, Onions, Jalapeno, Avocados, Salsa, Muenster, Spinach, and any flavor of Walden Farms Dressings.
  • fourbcrew
    fourbcrew Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I like to use the Romaine mix with grilled chicken pieces and honey mustard dressing...Yummy!!
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    My two favorite entree salads are copies from restaurants and both are good with poppyseed dressing:

Green Leaf Lettuce
    Cashews
    Mozzerella Cheese shredded
    Grilled Chicken
    Granny smith apple

2nd:
    mix of baby leaf lettuces/spring mix
    roasted red peppers
    mozzerella balls
    grilled chicken
    cavatappi noodles

Obviously the less cheese and more veggies you use the healthier - and on the second one I only use a little pasta.

I work down the street from a grocery store with a great salad bar. I fill up their largest container with spinach, lettuce mix and romaine, broccoli, carrots, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumbers and a little olives and sunflower seeds. I divide it in half and usually have leftovers or soup with it one day and then top with tuna and/or hardboiled eggs the other day. I figure I am getting at least 3 servings of vegetables in each one.
  • QueenObscene69
    QueenObscene69 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    avocado
    baby beets
    cucumber
    onion
    tomato
    pepperonchinis
    sweet butter lettuce
    miso caesar dressing

soooo addictive!! i've been eating this salad (or some variation of it) basically every day for the past 2 months and i can't see myself ever getting sick of it :)