How Drinking Water increases Fat burning

Options
You may think you know this. But I bet you don't know it in this WAY... Water.

The other is more technical... In order to keep acidity levels optimized the body begins to increase its core temperature slightly. This state called "thermogenesis" is prime for fat burning purposes. So you get a triple benefit:

1. More appetite control;
2. Increased thermogenesis (fat burning);
3. Increased hydration (less stress on liver= more fat burning.) This makes plain old water the number one fat burner you can drink on earth. You may think you know this. But I bet you don't know it in this WAY... Water.

Drinking water increases fat-burning. The reason is due to the fact that water relieves the burden on the liver by keeping your kidneys doing the filtering. When kidneys are taxed from too little water your liver has to take over and help... and... your liver is your primary fat burning organ. So... there you go Ah, But There's More. I've told you that bit before. Here's what I have not told you:

Drink 16 ounces of pure water 15 minutes before eating and you will drop weight. Researchers testing hydration found that
drinking water prior to meals significantly decreased the amount of food consumed. One reason is the "duh" factor: Your stomach feels more full Who'd thunk it? ; )

Lou T

Replies

• hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    yeah!
    1/2 your weight in ounces..that'll do the trick:drinker:

Great post:happy:
  • socialite51
    Options
    Thanks Lou-
    I've always been told to drink at least 8 cups of water a day. But never has it been explained like this. I guess it's time for me to start helping my vitual organs.:heart:
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I learn something every day on this site. THANKS!!
  • bassetthree
    bassetthree Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanks! great advice. I have a hard time getting in as much as I need. I am going to try harder.
  • pocketsam
    pocketsam Posts: 134
    Options
    I was told/read (I think at the gym or from using 'dr Gillian Mckeiths healthy eating methods) a couple of years back that if you drink water right before a meal or during that you dilute your stomach acids, making it more difficult for your body to break down food. The food stays 'stored' longer meaning its more likely to turn to fat. Is this just another one of those 'myths'?
  • susanaz
    susanaz Posts: 24
    Options
    Thanks so much!! I hate drinking plane H20 but I will start to drink before each meal and just add a bit of lemon to make it bearable!
  • Wocawa
    Wocawa Posts: 136
    Options
    Thank you for the information! I need to drink more water.l
  • spunky_spit_fire
    spunky_spit_fire Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thank You for the helpful Details I have always known water was better for you but... I liked drinking Coke Cola but when I was informed I had Diabetes I knew the time has come for Me To Take Control Of My Life !!! So starting Jan 17, 2011 I traded my 2 liter or more of Coke Cola everyday to WATER and for a TREAT I am drinking Diet Green Tea W/ Citus and Learning to watch my foods and try my best to eat Healthy and excersing every day by riding a stationary bike till warm weather comes again :-) I am so Thankful to my real life friend for telling me about this site here MFP is really helping me alot and I am learning so much :-) A Great Big Thank You to everyone that encouages and make Blogs and Post like this :-)
  • fitmom125
    Options
    Oh, I needed this kind of information about water. I'm going to try harder to drink this stuff.
  • mkspriggs
    mkspriggs Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    In basic training this is a tactic they use to help us eat right and get on track, you will eat less and feel full longer. we never did the 15 min prior we had to drink ours then eat what we could makes more sense to me our way because the water hasn't started to digest yet it is in the stomach with the food,good luck guys