Wanted: skinny brownie recipe

Options
Maerwhyn
Maerwhyn Posts: 22 Member
I am craving brownies like crazy, and it's been a while since I baked anything. Does anybody have a really good brownie recipe that doesn't break the calorie-bank? The deeper the chocolate flavor, the better.

Replies

• katrinadulce
    katrinadulce Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's has a brand called Reduced Guilt. Their box mix brownie is pretty good and it has instructions for a single serving. This is perfect for me because if I made a batch of brownies, 1/3 would be gone before the end of the day - especially if they were "skinny".
    I add 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder or 1/2 teaspoon of instant espresso for a more intense chocolate flavor.

I know that packaged food doesn't really count as "baking", but I have yet to find a home recipe that successfully produces single serving brownies. It curbs the cravings, that is all.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried any yet, but fitnesstreat posts lots of protein powder recipes for desserts. Has some brownie ones too. And i made a cheesecake from busybuthealthy (protein powder-laden again) and it tasted pretty good minus the overly sweet taste of truvia that I used haha. She posts brownie recipes too.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    This recipe was posted a while back. It's a microwave cake, but I made it in the oven. Pretty low cal for a chocolate bomb and yummy too.

Ingredients:
    Cooking spray
    1 egg
    2 tbsp cocoa powder
    2 tablespoons sugar substitute of choice (I used Splenda)
    Pinch salt
    1 tbsp heavy cream/almond milk.coconut milk
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    1/4 tsp baking powder

Directions:
    1.Spray the mug with cooking spray.

2. In a small bowl, beat the egg. Set aside. In a separate, slightly larger bowl, mix cocoa powder, sugar substitute, and salt. Add cream/milk, vanilla, and egg to the dry ingredients. Mix well. Add baking powder and mix again.

3. Cook in the microwave until the top of the cake is solid. For me this is about 45 seconds to 1 minute.

4. Flip the cake onto a plate (Careful, will be hot!)

5. After it cools, top with whipped cream, if you like.
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jtm4210
    jtm4210 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    In the search type 37 calorie brownie.... Very good
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    in for the brownies :heart:
  • Muffie22
    Muffie22 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2012/06/10/skinny-peanut-butter-swirl-brownies/

These are pretty amazing. Made them twice- first time followed the recipe except switched sugar for honey and used almond milk. Was super nice but a bit sticky (not necessarily a bad thing!!)

Second time I did exactly the same but used skimmed milk and added a bit of almond flour (40g) in to make it a bit more 'cakey'. Also yummy, and stayed together a bit better

comes out at less than 150 calories with the almond flour if you cut it into 16, or just over 130 cals without the almonds...
  • Maerwhyn
    Maerwhyn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oh darn, now I have to bake something. So many new recipes to try! :D I wish there was a Trader Joe's near me. I've heard good stuff about that store, but unfortunately I live on the west side of Salt Lake valley, and all of the health food stores are on the east side. West side is generally considered the ghetto area of Salt Lake, so apparently we don't eat healthy food. Go figure.