Side Dishes

Options
xp0sed
xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
What do you have as your sides for dinner, besides veggies? We usually have a meat, veggie, salad and carb (potatoes, rice, couscous, etc) but I would like to get away from so many carbs if I can. Just veggies and meat doesn't fill me up :(

Replies

• usmcpatience
    Options
    Try low-fat cottage cheese?
  • sarrah2903
    Options
    Try roasting veg like swede, carrots and butternut squash, as they are pretty low on kcals, but a lot more filling than other veg. I know you want to cut down on carbs, but a few boiled new potatoes are good way of having carbs, without going OTT.
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    You could do two vegetables -- one warm and a salad. Or try sweet potatoes. We had a sweet potato with asparagus and fish for dinner last night
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Veggies are good carbs so deffinatly keep them. We usually eat a meat, lots aveg, and 1/2c of wither seasoned brown rice, or mashed potatoes. Grits are good, couscous too. Maybe try a new thig once a week and see whatcha like. I know my house is kinda boring as well.
  • stephaniekendrick
    stephaniekendrick Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My whole life I have been a carb-o-holic! I have had to make the huge change and keep out the potates, rice, etc. from our dinner because I can't control myself when I make those for dinner!

I always do a lean meat and lots of veggies. I also try to eat my salad before I eat dinner. I am always hungry before my husband gets home so instead of having a bad snack, I will eat a salad as I am waiting for dinner to cook. Then once my dinner is ready, I am totally full after just the meat and veggies and haven't overloaded on carbs!
  • xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!