What goes in your morning cup of coffee??

Options
I have always (10+ years) used Hazelnut liquid creamer in my coffee. I recently switched to the Sugar Free version, because the sugar in the regular and fat free is too much. But the sugar free stuff taste yucky, and now I cant enjoy that first cup ....

What do you put in your coffee that doesnt taste "diety", but also doesnt kill you on calories and sugar???? Curious, thanks

Replies

• taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Milk. 1%, or semi-skimmed (1.7 or 2%, depending on brand). I don't get those "creamer" things.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I just use my soy creamer and that's all. I have no need to add sugar. I'll also drink my coffee black quite often. You really get to be able to tell good coffee vs. bad when you drink it black.
  • lucasdany
    lucasdany Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Have you tried International delight Fat free French Vanilla ? Sugar content isn't to bad and no fat!!
  • kuntrygurl
    Options
    My two favs are: CoffeeMate Belgian Chocolate Toffee powder creamer and International Delights Dark Chocolate Creme liquid creamer.

YUM!!

Not the healthiest but, I do not go overboard with it, just a hint of flavor.

*edited for many grammatical errors :P*
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    coffee black no suger or milk
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Well I normally drink a Slim Fast shake for breakfast and discovered I can pour some of the shake into my coffee because its flavored, thick due to milk, and has sugar in it so it sweetens the coffee too .... LOL
  • ChristaS
    ChristaS Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I use to love my french vanilla or Irish cream creamer! now I just drink it black and it didn't take long for me to prefer it that way. I tried having some Baileys in there at Christmas time and had a hard time drinking it!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Coffee. That's it. :bigsmile:
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Coffee. That's it. :bigsmile:
    This.

Also, diet cocoa powder on lazy, indulgent weekends, though usually in the evening.
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Creamer is my ultimate weakness, and I had to give it up completely. :cry: I would go through on of the small size creamers in a week!! I read somewhere that a great trick to ditching extra calories is to pick just one thing that you usually eat/drink, and give it up. I picked creamer, and I save myself around 200 calories a day!

I decided that rather than try to replace the creamer with something, I would learn to drink coffee black. I don't enjoy it as much, so I now drink less coffee....which means more water. (The biggest reason I ditched creamer is because of the ingredient list.....a list as long as my arm that I can't pronounce....I don't want that in my body!) Good luck! I know how tough it is to give up!
  • daisabelle
    daisabelle Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Light soy milk and half spoon sugar.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    2 tablespoons low fat 1/2 & 1/2
  • theatr3geek
    Options
    Soy milk can actually bulk you up. I mean, if you're just having a little in your coffee, that's not going to do anything.
    But my preference is to get a flavored coffee, most of the times these are 0 calories. I have a keurig coffee maker and I drink the French Vanilla, Hazelnut or the Brazilian and I always just put 2 tbsp of skim milk (or I drink it black, if my stomach feels up to it.)
  • everydayepiphanies
    everydayepiphanies Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Have you tried International delight Fat free French Vanilla ? Sugar content isn't to bad and no fat!!

This is what I use...it tastes good and it is my one indulgence with coffee in the morning.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    milk and a splenda.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Only Splenda! I used to add some skim milk, but I tried without it,and realized it tastes pretty much similar.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I've switched to unsweetened almond milk, works for me, naturally sweet and nutty, no fat, has as many calories in a whole cup as some of those creamers have in a tablespoon.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I like the sugar free creamers. I also put in one packet of equal to make it taste good.
  • mascaracurtains
    Options
    I usually drink black coffee but if that's not your thing try almond milk! The brand Almond Breeze is an especially tasty one :-) Plan is my favorite but if you like something with a bit more going on try vanilla.
    A tap or two of cinnamon is also quite delicious in black or milked coffee (and adds zero cals!).
  • BecciL
    BecciL Posts: 49
    Options
    I use the Stevia Sweetner, (it is an acquired taste,that you might have to sacrifice) and I use 1/4 of organic 1% fat free milk