Did you ever fall off a treadmill

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    No but I've tripped over the pants I was wearing once going down the stairs. And tripped on the sidewalk while walking outside at night. My knees hurt for 2 weeks after that. Now I don't walk outside at night anymore...
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Oh honey, don't be embarrassed. I trip over flat surfaces.
  • bananafannah
    bananafannah Posts: 194 Member
    No, but my iPhone's gone off the back and into a wall.

Had this happen, with a iPod touch. And then I went after it, you know, without stopping the belt or anything. The iPod ended up getting sucked into the belt. Smashed the screen and bent the frame of it.. so it wasn't even like I was being heroic about rescuing the iPod. Quite embarrassing.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    kinda lol.

I had a pair of ear phones in and i put my cell phone in one of the cup holders on the treadmil.

my hand hit the wire of the ear phones and sent the cell phone down on the moving surface of the treadmill.

Inexplicably, i just stopped, as if i was not on a moving platform, and attempted to pick it up. well not sure i even made an attempt, i just remember the cell phone going flying off, there happening to be another gym patron behind me who bent over to get it, and i had to do like an air borne pirouette to avoid flying into him myself
  • No_Finish_Line
    No, but my iPhone's gone off the back and into a wall.

Had this happen, with a iPod touch. And then I went after it, you know, without stopping the belt or anything. The iPod ended up getting sucked into the belt. Smashed the screen and bent the frame of it.. so it wasn't even like I was being heroic about rescuing the iPod. Quite embarrassing.

glad i'm not the only one lol. it was embarrasing enough.

i once saw a guy doing squats in a smith machine. poor guy feel right on his *kitten* with the bar sitting on his shoulders.

In hind sight i really wished i had gone over and asked if he was ok (someone else did), i was affraid he was too embarassed but i really should have asked.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Nope.. but I did trip on an escalator which is kinda similar.

I was at a convention and lugging down a stainless steel ice chest in a pencil skirt. Couldn't see my feet, and yep, feel on my bottom and kept going down the escalator. I stood up and kept going about my business.

I embarrass myself enough that I just use these incidents as ice breakers at this point. Nobody can feel self-conscious in front of someone who tripped on an escalator.
  • GhostriderMav
    GhostriderMav Posts: 308 Member
    OMG yes!!

Was looking in the mirror on the side trying to make sure I was flexed right to impress a girl. Next thing I know I am flying off the treadmill as I tripped!

girl= not impressed! lol
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    I work in a day spa with a huge fitness facility, and we have more guests injured on treadmills than any other piece of equipment. Those things are dangerous! Get off the treadmill and hit the street, people! :laugh:
  • christinalong1991
    christinalong1991 Posts: 74 Member
    When I first started going to the gym, I was jogging on the treadmill and I guess set the pace too high and was reading on my kindle, didn't realize I was going just slightly slower than the belt so was slowly moving toward the end of it. Next thing I know im flying off the end and trying to use my hands to catch my fall. This meant putting them down on the belt which proceeded to force my hand into slapping myself in the face...The guy next to me was really polite. He was trying SOOO hard not to laugh at me...and even asked if I was okay while chuckling. NEedless to say, I left and didn't come back for about a week... lol
  • mad14vic
    mad14vic Posts: 20 Member
    Once. Luckily the treadmill is at home. Not so luckily, I slammed my back into my bed frame. Refused to get on the thing (treadmill) for a few weeks after that.
  • No_Finish_Line
    OMG yes!!

Was looking in the mirror on the side trying to make sure I was flexed right to impress a girl. Next thing I know I am flying off the treadmill as I tripped!

girl= not impressed! lol

i really want this to be true lol
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Yeah, burned all of the skin off of one knee after falling while walking at a steep incline on a treadmill. Pretty sure my skin is probably still stuck to that treadmill at a planet fitness I used to go to...
  • No_Finish_Line
    Yeah, burned all of the skin off of one knee after falling while walking at a steep incline on a treadmill. Pretty sure my skin is probably still stuck to that treadmill at a planet fitness I used to go to...

your supposed to wipe down the equipment when your done lol
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Oddly enough no I have never fallen off the treadmill or any other piece of moving work out equipment, I'm far more stable on a moving surface than on a flat one. ^_^;; I'm a great skater but watch me trip over air. I did have an earring ripped out on the leg press once in high school thankfully I always left it partially unlatched when I was in the weight room, the teacher had said I should be fine using the machines with that particular loop in as it was really small.
  • mcsweetly
    mcsweetly Posts: 133 Member
    No, but I want to start trying to build up to running and am just sure I will fall and break my face!
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    OMG yes!!

girl= not impressed! lol

Yours is my favorite, lol!
  • Yes...only about 4 months ago...I am back running on one but everytime I go on one it scares the crap out of me lol
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Not yet, but I have felt close while running at the treadmill maximum speed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLtM3lo5Ea0

The above video is about 10 months old. I think I could stay on longer at 12.5 mph now

I know some gyms have faster treadmills. At some point I will repeat the experiment on more modern equipment

I run backwards on the treadmill quite often. Sometimes I run carrying weights or eating food. Hopefully if I fall one day someone will be around to record it. I want to help the community by demonstrating all the activities that should NOT occur on a treadmill.
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Thank heck I have not. It is a big fear of mine - I'm really too scared to do anything other than glance at the TV in front of me, in case I get absorbed and miss my footing lol. I also don't touch my water or music player while running just in case I drop it. Also, the emergency stop button takes 2 presses to get it to stop usually, so my hand practically hovers over it the whole time lol.

Fear and diligence!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    I haven't, but I can bet I will. I'm that clumsy I fall off a lot of things.