Question about calories burned at work

Options
Hello! New to all of this. Lost 30 lbs. on my own but needing a little motivation for the last 20. I hope this isn't a silly question but here goes. When I signed up one of the questions they asked was what kind of work I do. ( I'm on my feet and moving/lifting I'd say moderately intense for 7 1/2 hours a day) I assume that is figured into my calories I need for the day. My question is what about weekends? I'm not completely sedentary, I try to get out and walk when the weather permits, clean house, grocery shop, ect. But nothing as intense as my job. So do I need less calories those days. Hope my question was understanable. :)

Thanks
Debra

Replies

• digby765
    digby765 Posts: 163
    Options
    Good question, i'm the same, so i intend to up my exercise at the weekend, with a longer walk or a swim...

I wonder though if the site takes into account an average over the week, i'd love to know the answer to that...
  • LM_105
    LM_105 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Hi

If I was you I would see how your weight loss goes for the first month having the calories this site has selected for you based on your moderate/intensive (Tools on your homepage then BMR in case you haven't done it here), and then maybe change your lifestyle down a knotch and see what difference it makes to the daily calculation.

Good luck.
  • toradoshi21
    toradoshi21 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi

If I was you I would see how your weight loss goes for the first month having the calories this site has selected for you based on your moderate/intensive (Tools on your homepage then BMR in case you haven't done it here), and then maybe change your lifestyle down a knotch and see what difference it makes to the daily calculation.

Good luck.
  • toradoshi21
    toradoshi21 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Makes sense. I'll try that. thanks