Gained three lbs in two days?

I usually weigh myself every two days, and two days ago I weighed in at 111 lbs. Today I was 114 lbs and I don't know why? I didn't go over my calorie limit in over a week; I haven't even hit my maintenance number. My period isn't regular and I'm not expecting it any time soon so I don't think it's that.. What could this be from?

Replies

• wildskies
    wildskies Posts: 129 Member
    It's most likely water weight from sodium. I had the same thing myself a few days ago. Drink tons of water to flush the sodium back out of your system and the weight should drop right back off.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    You're bloated from your menstrual cycle, and you need to take a big poop.

Sounds gross/blunt but true.

Stop weighing every day. This is in the realm of normal fluctuation.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    That's really "very" normal. And if you're still menstruating, it's extremely normal. Don't be concerned. What you might do is weigh daily and at the end of the 7 days, average out and that will be your true weight. You're at a very good weight and there are many, many things that cause weight gain. It's not fat. In fact, calorie restriction can cause weight gain.
  • If your obsessed with the scale fitness is going out the window. I wouldn't weigh in so often - we women tend to fluctuate A LOT in a week. Stay healthy, keep going and the scale will go with you. :)
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    I weigh 2 pounds more than yesterday. I didn't go over maintenance. I ate salty snacks. I go up and down 3 pounds daily, and immediately up 5 pounds when I'm having my period. No big.
  • Last night I was again under my calories for the day and had a great day of walking for myself. I weighed myself this morning and I'm up almost 2lbs. Do I freak, nope this is just your body working normally.

It's most likely water weight gain and most likely due to your menstrual cycle. I'm going through the big M and my body does some weird things but I don't let it get me down. You will lose weight again in a couple of days. You might only want to weigh yourself once a week if this really bothers you.

Just consider it normal.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Water retention and poop.
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    I see this same exact thread 100 times a day!

One pound of fat is 3500 extra calories from your diet. Have you ate 10500 extra calories in the last 3 days? Probably not.

So what is the next best explanation? Water weight.

The best advice I can give to you is to stop weighing yourself so much. If you cannot help it, go into it with an open mind. Start taking a journal of your weight and you'll quickly see the times of the month when you gain. You can also look back over your diary from the day before and see a connection in what you eat.
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Being a woman will make your weight go up and down every single day!! I would focus more on why you feel the need to weigh yourself every few days, when you weigh so little anyway??
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    I was up 1.5 from yesterday. It happens. Sodium, water retention from exercise. I am the worse worrier about it because I weight myself every single day. Part of a new challenge I am giving myself is to only weight once a week. This starts next week. We will see how it goes.

But don't worry, it will come back off.
  • nykismile
    nykismile Posts: 198
    Okay.. I'll just weigh myself in a few more days and hope that it balances it out :/
  • freedomwriter88
    freedomwriter88 Posts: 38 Member
    I see this same exact thread 100 times a day!

One pound of fat is 3500 extra calories from your diet. Have you ate 10500 extra calories in the last 3 days? Probably not.

So what is the next best explanation? Water weight.

The best advice I can give to you is to stop weighing yourself so much. If you cannot help it, go into it with an open mind. Start taking a journal of your weight and you'll quickly see the times of the month when you gain. You can also look back over your diary from the day before and see a connection in what you eat.

This.