Hangover cures

Options

Replies

• teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    A bowl of menudo...or anything spicy. Works for me anyway.

+1 on menudo...I miss menudo out here in the wilds of Kentucky...Or a soft fried egg on a tamale de pollo

Or a really spicy Bloody Mary
  • ItsJordanNicole
    ItsJordanNicole Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Eat 2 bananas, take some advil and a nap.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    A bowl of menudo...or anything spicy. Works for me anyway.

+1 on menudo...I miss menudo out here in the wilds of Kentucky...Or a soft fried egg on a tamale de pollo

Or a really spicy Bloody Mary

+2 on the Menudo.

I know it works. I used to teach Karate. On Friday nights, I had just Black Belt sparring class. We would work out for a couple hours and then go out and tip a few. On Saturday Morning, we would meet back at the Dojo, work out and then go across the street to this local Mexican Restaurant that had the best Menudo in town. Cured and ready for Saturday night.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    On the other hand, you don't get a hangover until you stop drinking. That's how I avoided hangovers in the early 80's.
  • cranshinibon
    cranshinibon Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Pedialyte and then I eat something salty.

this this and this.

I drink a bottle of pedialyte after a long night of drinking; that way when I wake up I won't have a hangover (works for me) otherwise ill do the following the next morning (in the event I pass out before being able to drink the pedialyte)

I'll take a sip of whisky, down a bottle of pedialyte, drive to mcdonalds and get chicken nuggets. then proceed to watch the following movies until I feel better, which is usually before noon if I wake up at 8 which is pretty normal for me.

http://gizmodo.com/5869541/10-movies-for-an-epic-hangover

1. Wall-E (no dialogue which means I don't have to pay attention and can nod in an out)
    2. The Princess Bride
    3. 2001: A Space Odyssey
    4. Friday
    5. The Big Lebowski
    6. Clerks
    7. The Hangover
    8. Red Dawn
    9. Iron Man / The Avengers
    10. Die Hard / Fifth Element / Any of the Lethal Weapon Movies

Honorable Mentions:
    My Cousin Vinny, Scarface, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, and anything Disney.
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Glass of water and ibuprofen 800 before bed. Pedialyte freeze pop in the AM.

I try to do the 1:1 water/drink method too. Sometimes once I start having fun I forget the water.....
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Just so you know, I :heart: all of you a little today.

But just a little.

I have a hard head. It's my belly that was having an issue.

I'm staring at the banana at my desk at work (yes, i was able to make it in) and I'm working my way up to it.

I love your movie suggestions. It reminds me of my sick day routine. Grilled cheese, top ramen, princess bride and possibly...Goonies.

So much wisdom on this thread.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    never had a hangover (never been drunk)

but when my fiance on occasion goes drinking with the guys, it's one aspirin before leaving to drink. One aspirin when waking up with a glass of salted water.
  • schle009
    schle009 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I rarely have hangovers but the day after my birthday, I took a 5 mile walk and that helped me somehow. I usually have more of a stomach problem too, so I just don't eat anything until I feel better because all food makes me feel nauseous. Just a lot of water.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Bumping before the 3 day weekend...
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I take ibuprofen and a multivitamin before I fall asleep. McDonald's sausage, egg, cheese mcmuffin and hash browns in the morning.

Gatorade, too
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I'm slightly hungover as well.

Extra vitamin C and B does wonders. Lots of water and A trip to Waffle House.

I'm a coffee addict, so I need caffeine as well or I will get a withdraw headache.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Just stay drunk. Works every time.
  • shandyw
    shandyw Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    BC Powder, Propel, and something starchy (I usually eat McDonald's French fries)
  • jeremyronking
    Options
    Try a Slim fast shake. Seriously, it's magic.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Try a Slim fast shake. Seriously, it's magic.

Because it'll induce vomiting?
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My go to was always gatorade before bed. If my stomach is off the next morning, bacon, egg and cheese on a croissant :love: I'm usually good after that.

I heard from one of my male coworkers that he swears by midol and gatorade the next morning.
  • cburke719
    Options
    Take Tylenol or Motrin before you go to bed with at least 8 oz of water.

If that doesn't work then hair of the dog... just kidding.
  • xMermaidx
    xMermaidx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Watch a couple old Bugs Bunny cartoons.
  • lngbrd
    lngbrd Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Greasy tacos with rice and beans, fountain drink and Back to the future trilogy