BBQ MENU DILEMMA..... HELP!!

Options
Fat2Fit_imready
Fat2Fit_imready Posts: 363 Member
ok so I'm throwing a going away BBQ for my mom (she going to mexico for a year) slash labor day weekend BBQ on Saturday! There's going to be about 20 people going! My menu consists of:

BBQ Chicken Kabobs
Hamburger
Hot dogs
Potato salad
Baked beans with bacon
Macaroni salad
Chips

I think that's fine BUT my boyfriend tells me its too many sides. He said to take out the macaroni salad because we are already having the potato salad. I say keep it because people like options and some people might not like one but like the other!

What do you think??

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    so.... what time does this start, and what is the address?
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I would keep it....I usually do double the amount of entrees in sides. Just keep your total number of portions under control so you don't wind up with 20 lbs of macaroni salad.

A good rule of thumb is 4oz of everything per person...
  • Fat2Fit_imready
    Options
    so.... what time does this start, and what is the address?

HAHAH you near CT lol
  • Fat2Fit_imready
    Options
    I would keep it....I usually do double the amount of entrees in sides. Just keep your total number of portions under control so you don't wind up with 20 lbs of macaroni salad.

A good rule of thumb is 4oz of everything per person...

oh good to know!! thank you!!
  • FitGal4ever42
    FitGal4ever42 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You forgot the beer !! :drinker:
  • Fat2Fit_imready
    Options
    You forgot the beer !! :drinker:

beer, wine and liquor! already set to go lmfao!! you NEED options FOR THAT!!
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    You know your audience better than I do...but I would probably switch out the macaroni salad for something with veggies...perhaps a caesar salad, cole slaw/health salad type side...or maybe a veggie and dip platter. If you do serve macaroni salad, you might want more of a pasta salad (perhaps with some veggies included) than the traditional mayonnaise-based elbow macaroni salad (since it would be a bit more of a difference from the potato salad).
  • Fat2Fit_imready
    Options
    You know your audience better than I do...but I would probably switch out the macaroni salad for something with veggies...perhaps a caesar salad, cole slaw/health salad type side...or maybe a veggie and dip platter. If you do serve macaroni salad, you might want more of a pasta salad (perhaps with some veggies included) than the traditional mayonnaise-based elbow macaroni salad (since it would be a bit more of a difference from the potato salad).

my co-worker said coleslaw too!! hmmm

my macaroni salad is not that creamy and has tomatoes and celery in it!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Dessert??
  • Fat2Fit_imready
    Options
    Dessert??

watermelon
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'd do either the potato salad or macaroni salad, but not both and maybe do a big garden salad for something lighter/fresher. Also, desert...personally I'd do a big mixed fruit salad and have some ice cream on hand.

Also, this is a cookout...not a BBQ...but I'm anal like that. :drinker:
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Keep both. I'm not a potato fan at all. Or, make broccoli salad. That's always a hit.
  • Fat2Fit_imready
    Options
    I'd do either the potato salad or macaroni salad, but not both and maybe do a big garden salad for something lighter/fresher. Also, desert...personally I'd do a big mixed fruit salad and have some ice cream on hand.

Also, this is a cookout...not a BBQ...but I'm anal like that. :drinker:

lol i get it!!

but your right about adding something more healthy! mix fruit is a great idea!