Weight Fluctuation

Options
Any one have problems with weight fluctuation. It is very frustrating when my weight jumps almost 5 lbs. I know my eating is not perfect but i know i didn't gain 5 lbs in a matter of 5 days. Ughh I am very discouraged.

Replies

• MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing yourself at the same time and under the same conditions each time? Your weight can fluctuate throughout the day, so if you are not consistent, your results will not be either.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    i try to weigh myself once every fortnight , i try to avoid scales inbetween :P
  • peggyalex
    peggyalex Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I do that also.....If I take just one day off and eat badly I can gain anywhere between 3 and 5 pounds in 1 DAY! but usually comes off the next day or so when I get back to it. I think it is mostly water weight. Good luck! I understand how frustrating it can be!
  • Weeb2k
    Weeb2k Posts: 25
    Options
    Try not to worry too much about it. Try weighing once a week instead. That way, you don't see the weight fluctuate.
    Good luck!
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Well, we're all learning a lot about ourselves in this process. Our bodies are doing all sorts of things we, as their "owners", don't understand well -- but which are perfectly normal and even necessary to keep us running. So it's best to accept that, let go of the frustration, and work around it. And learn more.
  • bangarangbree
    Options
    A lot of research shows that your weight fluctuates between 2 and 5 pounds in a single day. And don't forget, as you're working out, you're building muscle which weighs more than fat! The scale is just a number :) Judge on how you look and feel and how well you're sticking to your exercise and eating plans!
  • hsquared87
    Options
    I have the same problem. My nutritionist told me to cut my sodium intake to 1500 a day and drink more water. so far it has helped. I basically had to cut out most processed foods.