Healthy lunches to take to work

Options
Hi, i currently take a mashed egg sandwich to work everyday. I have a nutrionist who works with us and she said you cant lose weight just eating the same food..... this is horrible news to me as i dont like sandwiches...... any ideas?? I have been told to try vita wheat crackers with hummus and gherkin, or tuna but i dont know if i can do tuna, bad experiences. Some help on this would be fantastic!

Replies

• strawnf
    Options
    Peanut butter and jelly on one piece of bread, 1/2 banana and a glass of milk. I did this for about 6 months and my butt disappeared.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    grilled skinless/boneless chicken breast and wild/brown instant rice. Good combo, healthy and fullfillin.
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    What about soups? Lunch can also be a series of snacks. Carrots, celery and hummus.
    Fruit and cheese...
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I like to take Cambell's Soup at Hand, diced peaches, lunch meat (or baked/grilled chicken), and Wasa crackers or bagel chips.
  • hels4397
    hels4397 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I usually bring PB and put it on wheat toast, with some reduced fat chips and an apple. If i get tired of that I do either salad w/ meat on it, or Lean Cuisines. I only have like 20 mins for lunch, so I can't leave where I work. This way, it keeps my calories in check, yet is fulfilling..
  • frenchfri87
    frenchfri87 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of the same things almost everyday.. and I have lost 31lbs. Just make sure you are eating healthy foods and eat what you like, even if it is the same thing everday!!:flowerforyou:
  • theatr3geek
    Options
    berries, yogurt and granola. yummy :)
  • sherylhs
    sherylhs Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    "... she said you cant lose weight just eating the same food..... "

Huh? I've never heard that. It's calories in and calories out. Better calories are from whole foods, as opposed to processed foods. Perhaps she mis-spoke. Maybe you should ask her again just to clarify. Sounds odd to me.

:huh:

Good luck with your weight loss journey!
    ~Sheryl
  • MrX8503
    MrX8503 Posts: 67
    Options
    I usually bring a can of Tuna, but that can get boring quick!

So you could switch it up with other lean meats and veggies. Carrots, cucumbers, lettuce, asparagus, skinless chicken, fish, etc.
  • Calicoskies
    Calicoskies Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I can't do the same lunch everyday. Some of my faves:

Premade salad that I put in glass salad bowl, bring along dressing and small baggie of cheese/croutons/sunflower seeds and/or sliced egg/turkey

Tuna salad, sliced cukes or tomatoes, wheat crackers and cheese stick

BallPark Smoked White turkey dogs sliced and stirred into a can of chili or chili beans

Canned Bush Great Northern beans with diced ham, shredded carrot , bit of tomato paste and thyme stirred in (micro at work for 3min, yum)

Sandwich thin or Bagel thin with peanut butter and/or raisins