I'm planning a controlled cheat meal tonight...(question)

Options
Nailrep
Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
Hubby ordered pizza. I'm not really wanting to cheat, but after 24 days of strict dieting, I think it might be a good idea to rev up my metabolism alittle.

So I ordered a veggie pizza that's about 10". As best as I can guess, each piece has about 200-250 calories. So I will eat 3 slices for dinner.

My question is - do you agree with my guess on calories? I looked up Dominos, Pizza Hut, and others. But it's a small business with no nutrition info.

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Sounds about right for a piece of pizza.
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Depends on how big the slices are, and what type of crust, and how much cheese, etc. etc. I would high-ball (go with the 250-cal estimate) just to be safe. In any case, have fun, enjoy it, and don't beat yourself up about it--we all need relief at some point, and better to do it in a controlled way than resist and end up overdoing it big-time!
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    Call them and ask them. They have this information I am sure of it. They likely can email you the nutrition information.
  • Larry7995
    Options
    I bought a Red Baron box pizza a couple weeks ago and ate damn near the whole thing, then looked up the calories and it was 1400, amazed how much calories are in pizza, and that was before the 8oz bag of mozzarella I dumped on top of it!
  • newjmf
    newjmf Posts: 78
    Options
    I had a controlled cheat day today, too! We ordered pizza from Domino's and I had the thin crust pacific veggie pizza. It was 340 per slice. So, you could log that and over-estimate just to be on the safe side.

Good job, by the way! A cheat day is perfectly OKAY!
  • timanda2
    timanda2 Posts: 149
    Options
    You are so good, I do controlled cheats all the time!
  • peggyalex
    peggyalex Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hey we r having pizza tonight to! HA! must be a good night for it! I would say your calculation is right.....even if ur off a little its not going to make that much of a difference.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on the crust. A thin crust might have that many per slice, but a normal or thick crust is going to have a lot more.

If it's a thicker crust, you might want to back it down to two slices and add a green salad on the side.
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    This was a controlled/planned cheat weekend for me. Homemade baked macaroni and cheese. Mmmmmm!!! Will spend extra time on the treadmill this week!!!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Depending on the dough, sauce, toppings, cheese and other variables I have seen veggie pizzas ranging from 170 to 350 per slice. I would go with the 350 just to be safe. If it is lower all the better. But for one meal......I would not worry overmuch. I do controlled cheats too. Today was one. To compensate I went outside and broke up the ice and crud at the end of the driveway. Normally I just drive over it. I was working outside for close to an hour and really worked up a sweat!!!
  • RodSurly
    RodSurly Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The USDA National Nutrient Database ( http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/ ) lists a slice of PIZZA HUT 12" Cheese Pizza, Regular Crust weighing 96 grams at 260 calories.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! Controlled cheat is over - 3 slices veggie pizza! So proud of myself for not going nuts as hungry as I was! (Extra cardion today to prepare for the cheat! LOL)
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Wow, one controlled cheat after 24 days? That's pretty amazing. I do it every Friday haha
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I had a controlled cheat day today, too! We ordered pizza from Domino's and I had the thin crust pacific veggie pizza. It was 340 per slice. So, you could log that and over-estimate just to be on the safe side.

Good job, by the way! A cheat day is perfectly OKAY!

I love that pizza! We haven't had it in a while but even though it's high cal it has tons of veggies on it!