Hello everyone!

Options
My name is Adrienne. I'm a female, 23 year old student from Pennsylvania. I've struggled with my weight since I was a kid. I have the unfortunate personality combo of loving comfort foods and being insanely lazy.

At my highest weight, I weighed 345. Today, I weigh 320 and I just uncovered the proverbial iceberg tip of my weight loss journey. My ultimate goal is to get to my healthy BMI range, which is about 150lbs - 180lbs for my height, which is 5'9".

It's always been difficult for me to to find good support, as most of my family members fall within a healthy weight range. My boyfriend of 8 months is also decently thin, weighing only 180 at 5'8". I've been very on and off with posting on here and counting calories because of this. Nobody else in my life has to count calories.

But I've realized that me, my metabolism and my skin aren't getting any younger and I really need to make changes now. I'm open to anyone who wants a weight loss buddy and supportive pal.

Sincerely,
Adrienne

Replies

• jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Adrienne,

I'm relatively new using MFP too. I've lost 65 lbs. so far - 362 to start...297 now. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. Glad you're tackling this now instead of waiting until you're in your 40's like me. :)
  • Grandmarocks46
    Options
    I'm so new to this whole excericing.. I'm 46 years old and about to have a birthday on Monday and i'm trying so hard to lose weight.. I've let myself go too far off the deep end now that i want to change it's hard.. I have been going to the gym 5 days a week for a month already and i'm determined but i haven't noticed much of a weight loss.. Thats a bummer. any ideas for a newbie?
  • radimage
    radimage Posts: 99
    Options
    I try and make the whole 'calorie watching and exercise thing' a game. Seems to make it easier for me.

I'm 51. Id I can do it, anyone can. Good luck!
  • VKanam
    VKanam Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to MFP too. I'm close to your weight, but my goal is a little higher than yours :)
    Let's fight that fat!
  • adriennecoconut
    adriennecoconut Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We can all do it! Our best tool is out motivation to change.

As for exercising as a newbie, I'd say start out with walking. It gets your body used to movement and it's pretty much the simplest thing you can do. All sources also say that weight training is very important as it lessens your chance of having loose skin and building muscle helps you burn fat.