Two years from couch potato to olympic distance triathlete

Options
2»

Replies

• TriNoob
    TriNoob Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Tris are addictive...you won't be able to stop.
  • Mommy23js
    Mommy23js Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Such an awesome story!! ONe thing I loved about your post besides that fact that you could make a post like this, was that you started with some weight and HR numbers, and then never referred to them again. YOu only talk about all the new things you could try and succeed in--that's really what fitness is all about. Great job--congrats!!!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Excellent!! You are awesome. Oh, love the reference to "how little I knew". My early workouts were much the same.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    This is briliant, you turned your life around 100%, congrats man!!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Such an awesome story!! ONe thing I loved about your post besides that fact that you could make a post like this, was that you started with some weight and HR numbers, and then never referred to them again. YOu only talk about all the new things you could try and succeed in--that's really what fitness is all about. Great job--congrats!!!

Things like weight have definitely become secondary to performance numbers and general enjoyment of life.

But I'd be lying if I said I didn't still track them. ;) For those that enjoy them -

I'm around 165lb now, having gone down to 155 and bulked up a little during training. My body fat percentage is in the mid to high teens, though I don't know an accurate figure. My cholesterol is in the low 100s. My resting heart rate is in the 50s, and actually dipped as low as 47 when my training peaked.
  • thinbi
    thinbi Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Beautiful story. Thanks for sharing it.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story! I have a similar one (March 2012--weighed 235, couldn't walk easily, let alone run a mile), did 30 Day Shred, Couch 2 5K and have been doing Crossfit competitively & 5K trail races and am competing in my first powerlifting contest in November. I'm not really IIFYM though; doesn't work for me since I'm in ED recovery and I have learned which foods are just super triggering. But, for the most part, it works well! I didn't start out tracking either and I don't most of the time.

I think the basic point here is that not only can you not give up on yourself, you can transform yourself into something amazing, beyond what you think you are capable of with confidence, a plan, and COMMITMENT. I love your story. Thanks and many blessings for the future.

AND YESSSSSS!!!! ON SWITCHING THE FOCUS FROM WEIGHT TO PERFORMANCE.:drinker:
  • heartofviolet
    heartofviolet Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You're a champ. Congratulations!!!
  • amos481
    amos481 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing - Congrats!!! I know I will re-read your post many times.
  • Wasatcher
    Wasatcher Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Inspiring...let no one give up on themselves or set the bar low...
  • kezwbatay
    kezwbatay Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring...well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!