Guacamole Stuffed Eggs

Options
jnv7594
jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
Has anyone tried these? The are similar to deviled eggs, but instead of using the yolk, you use guac. for the filling. They sound good for a pick-me-up snack...

6 eggs
1 ripe avocado, diced
1/4 cup prepared fresh tomato salsa
1 teaspoon lemon juice
kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste.

You just boil the eggs. While they are cooling, you mash the avocado with the salsa and lemon juice. Halve the eggs once they are cooled and discard the yolks. Fill each egg with 2 teaspoons of filling and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

One serving is two halves. They have 73 cal. 5g fat, 1g saturated fat, 4g carbs, 4g protein, 2 g fiber, 106 mg sodium, 211 mg potassium

Replies

• cpettigrew
    cpettigrew Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    They sound delicious.

Thanks for sharing.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Sounds Devine, must have these... THANK YOU
  • afugua0002
    Options
    bump
  • shutch2112
    shutch2112 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    That sounds amazing, thanks! :)
  • desidieter
    desidieter Posts: 195
    Options
    Great idea!
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Sorry but sounds revolting to me. I like eggs, I like guacamole - but together? No thanks!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Yes they are tasty. Made them this past Easter, along with normal ones and seafood ones. I actually mixed the avocado with the yolk. Turned out awesome
  • laurenjill
    laurenjill Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I actually mixed the avocado with the yolk. Turned out awesome
    Now that's what I'm talking about! Can't waste that precious, precious yolk!
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    YUM
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Yes they are tasty. Made them this past Easter, along with normal ones and seafood ones. I actually mixed the avocado with the yolk. Turned out awesome

I was actually thinking of doing the same and making them with the yolks. It's hard for me to throw away food. I think it's because we live on such a tight budget, and I just think it's wasteful. Plus, there are a lot of nutrients in the yolks. :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

That is what I would do. Tasty!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Sorry but sounds revolting to me. I like eggs, I like guacamole - but together? No thanks!

Don't be so rude. Revolting? That word is rude. Just don't eat this and don't respond to someones recipe if it's so revolting to YOU. Wow nice to me you rude person.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options

I was actually thinking of doing the same and making them with the yolks. It's hard for me to throw away food. I think it's because we live on such a tight budget, and I just think it's wasteful. Plus, there are a lot of nutrients in the yolks. :)

Yes I agree, the yolks are amazing. They are the tasty part of the egg. Try it, you won't regret it. Yolk, avocado, salt, pepper, and mayo (or whatever you use).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yolks are the best part! I'd mix both too.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Yeah I just couldn't get past the part of throwing out the Yolks lol... So I was not even going to try this but I am liking the idea of using the yolks with the guacamole and this sounds better now... lol Thanks, will add to the recipe pile....
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Shut up and take my money!!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

Don't be so rude. Revolting? That word is rude. Just don't eat this and don't respond to someones recipe if it's so revolting to YOU. Wow nice to me you rude person.

If this is the rudest thing you find in the forums today, then it must be an exceptionally mild day in the forums.

In other news, she's perfectly entitled to her opinion, and even has the right to share it.
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Shut up and take my money!!!

That's what I'm screamin'! I think I need some of these like right NOW! I'm not usually big on deviled eggs, but guacamole in eggs- oh yeah, I'm there!!!