Substitute for Shakeology?

Options

Replies

• S_Murphree
    Options
    I would suggest a good multivitamin. They helped me.
  • Biggirllittledreams
    Biggirllittledreams Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Dude, just get yourself a yummy protein powder, and use that! Make yourself some peanut butter, green, fruit, etc. based- smoothies with some protein powder in there, and it would essentially be the same thing. ;P And! A lot cheaper. :)
  • bohemian124
    bohemian124 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I just started using vanilla flavored Phood by Plant Fusion and really like it. It is $30-40 for a 2 lb jug. It has a similar nutritional profile to Vegan Shakeology (just higher calories), and I like it as a meal replacement at lunch or on weekends when my day is less structured. It is a bit sweet for my taste, but that can be overcome with various spices - I like to mix it with chai tea or lots of cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.

Yes, real food is a better thing to eat, but sometimes it's nice to have something simple available when you don't feel like prepping, eating leftovers, etc.
  • Jbarbo01
    Jbarbo01 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Vega shakes are about half the cost of shakeology. Still expensive but its not 120 a month rather 50-60$.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    ty. I wasn't wanting it to help feel me up rather i read ppl say they get lots of energy and so forth on it. I am thinking about juicing as i also heard fresh juice gives you more energy.

You may have a misspelled word OP:

Okay so an alternative:

1 scoop of whey protein, 1 banana, Chobani(6 ounce blueberry), Honey(2 TBSPS), and 8 ounces of milk 2%. Calories: 567, MACROS Carbs 77, Fat 8, Protein 48. I think I titled it the Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young mega shake, be prepared to have your taste buds go in overdrive. . . . .
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    A good substitute for Shakeology? This will be a novel suggestion I'm sure, but try FOOD.

Was about to write the same thing. Yep food.
  • soechsner09
    soechsner09 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Try Naked Juice. You can get it at Walmart. Low in calories and deliscious :) Has tons of vitamins and they seem to have given me energy.. Good luck!

No! Naked Juice is full of sugar and crap. There's nothing natural about it. Just check out the lawsuits against them.
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Kale smoothie with vegan protein powder. So much better for you and so much cheaper!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Substitute for Shakeology?

Food....

If you really want it in "shake" form, just make smoothies and the like.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Wow...I'm surprised at the rude and sarcastic responses to the OP here.

LOL...telling someone that they just need to eat food and that they don't need to purchase overpriced marketing gimmicks is not rude...that's all I saw anyone state.
  • JonnyQwest
    JonnyQwest Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    All these smart *kitten* that are replying that "regular food from a grocery store" is a good alternative to Shakeology are completely missing the point.....the point of a shake/smoothie is to replace a meal that you may not have time to eat especially when you can condense into on easily consumed drink in the morning. I take "real food", chop it up freeze it and add it to Shakeology, protein powder whatever I happen to be using and I am getting more vitamins in a condensed easy to drink form that would literally be impossible for me to sit and eat especially in the morning.
    This morning I shoved half a bag of spinach, a cucumber, celery stalk, half an apple, some pineapple (I keep bags of this stuff in my freezer chopped up and ready to go) thrown together with some Shakeology and boom, I had a power breakfast.....trust me when I tell you I can tell the difference when I have not had my morning shake.....now that being said, there is nothing magical about Shakeology-it does give you a large amount of condensed nutrients in an easily digested format but if I could not afford it I would have no qualms about simply using protein powder and a multivitamin. I do like it and choose to spend the money on it but if it becomes cost prohibitive I will change it up...green smoothies are a fantastic way to easily get ALOT of nutrients that you would not normally have the time to sit around and eat (plates of vegetables, etc in one sitting).
    Hopefully this is helpful, like others have said simply buy some protein powder and add it to a green smoothie if you are wary of the cost of Shakeology.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    MMmmmm a good diet with carbs to help you burn before your workout and proteins after!! I also use Syntha 6 found at The Vitamin Shoppe post workout and I pop fish oil, Vit D, and a daily multi vitamin.
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    A good substitute for Shakeology? This will be a novel suggestion I'm sure, but try FOOD.

Yep.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Wow...I'm surprised at the rude and sarcastic responses to the OP here.

LOL...telling someone that they just need to eat food and that they don't need to purchase overpriced marketing gimmicks is not rude...that's all I saw anyone state.

Yup. Legitimate honesty is often perceived as rude around here.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Sorry if answered already:

Google DIY soylent recipes. There are many varieties based on your preferences and needs, the recipes are offered by hundreds of users for free, and you can buy the ingredients and make your own much cheaper than premade shakes.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Another thread brought back from the dead and a "coach" claiming they won't try to sell anybody on the product then saying those advocating food rather than this product are "smart *kitten*" who are "missing the point" in a post that tries to sell people on the product.

Just another typical day on MFP.
  • Clovergirl143
    Clovergirl143 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I recently just had to stop drinking Shakeology, partially because of the price and partially for other reasons. I found another meal replacement/protein shake that I will be going with (hasn't come in the mail yet, so I haven't tried it), but here is the link: http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-whey-protein-complex-powder-with-bcaas-chocolate-5-lbs-1/?ntt=835003003822

The con of that is that it doesn't have a lot of vitamins in it, so if you'd like one with more vitamins, I would choose a different shake. BUT, it cost me $48 dollars for a little over two months worth, and it has MORE protein than Shakeology per serving.

Vitacost and Puritan's Pride have great quality products that don't break your wallet, so I would recommend looking into shakes/supplements from those two companies.

I definitely agree that it costs WAY more than $4 per day for Shakeology with everything I used to put in mine...ESPECIALLY when I had the Vanilla flavor...I HAD to add lots of other stuff just to stand the taste.

(Also, for reference, I used to be a coach, but once I had to stop drinking Shakeology, I knew I couldn't recommend it to others so I decided the $16 a month coaching fee wasn't worth it). I still try to help people get healthy though, just doesn't include me being on someone's payroll to do it :).
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Another "coach" that is incapable or unwilling to differentiate between selling a product to a person and trying to sell an entire group (such as MFP) on the product. I could lower myself to name calling but I refuse to join you at that level.
  • EandA85
    EandA85 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I like the Nature's Way Metabolic Reset shakes for a meal replacement. Mixes nice with ice, almond milk and PB2 I like shakes for breakfast or a light lunch - mostly to help me meet my protein macro and for convenience sake - I definitely still eat real food.

http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-Metabolic-ReSet-Chocolate/dp/B000FL22FK

I did a month of shakeology but didn't like the pricetag or the MLM aspect.
  • Sthere
    Sthere Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Try Naked Juice. You can get it at Walmart. Low in calories and deliscious :) Has tons of vitamins and they seem to have given me energy.. Good luck!

It doesn't replace good non-pasterized juice. There is no point is drinking store bought juice everything is killed when heat is applied to pasterize it.

I heard ideal shape is good.
    I used to think shakeology was a gimmick. It's no,t my dad's doctor even sells it. It suppresses my appetitie for whatever reason, it's like an anti-depressant for me at least, my mood is so elevated and gives me energy.