How do you get your carbs?!

Options
I strive to get a macro ratio of 45% carbs 35% protein and 20% fat give or take. I can never seem to get my carbs high enough, which is a concern considering the number of times I've heard it suggested that I need to up my carbs on a bulk. I easily get 200-250 grams of protein a day, but my carbs usually fall about the same range. I am not intentionally eating "low carb", I just can't seem to come up with enough while keeping my cals in check. I know I could just eat 4 slices of bread as a snack, just wondering if anyone else has this problem, and how you addressed it.

Replies

• Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    from vegetables and oatmeal...
    "How about fruit?" ehhh.... not until I get to my goal weight.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Eat ALL THE BREAD. And pasta. I'm one of those people that think everything is better wrapped in bread, covered in cheese.

Also, OJ is pretty carb heavy. And potatoes.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, fruit, oatmeal. Lot's of great things you can put with all that protein to up your carbs.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    from vegetables and oatmeal...
    "How about fruit?" ehhh.... not until I get to my goal weight.

What? That is ridiculous. If you want a piece of fruit, log it and account for it and eat the darn fruit.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    First thing I would do is quit the "low carb, high fiber" tortillas you seem to be fond of.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Bread, rice, cereal, pasta, couscous, quinoa, potatoes, sweet potatoes, veggies, ice cream, pastries, cookies, granola, pie, etc. etc.
  • chantya
    chantya Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Brown rice has become my best friend!
  • Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    nahhhhhh .

and totally agree ^^
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    white rice, homemade bread, potatoes, rarely pasta, fruits, veggies etc
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Pixie stix
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    With almost everymeal I have a starch or grain of some kind, sweet potatoes, bread, pasta, rice, cassava, polenta, beans... look up recipes online for side dishes maybe you will find things you can really enjoy and add to your daily menu.
  • Fit_Jesus
    Options
    First thing I would do is quit the "low carb, high fiber" tortillas you seem to be fond of.
    Yeap!
  • desidieter
    desidieter Posts: 195
    Options
    Brown rice, quinoa, whole grain breads and wraps, whole grain waffles, pasta, potatoes, fruit.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, ice cream, chocolate ice cream.