Cravings

Options
The last couple of days I have had strong chocolate cravings. For one very specific brand of milk chocolate. Any suggestions getting past it. My will power is being pushed to the limit!

Replies

• PapaChanoli
    PapaChanoli Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I suggest that you eat some. Why not? One enjoyable treat of chocolate is not going to make or break a diet.
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    The last couple of days I have had strong chocolate cravings. For one very specific brand of milk chocolate. Any suggestions getting past it. My will power is being pushed to the limit!

Days? I would have binged by now.

I have changed will power to be used to limit quantities, no longer will power needed to not eat something.

I have learned already to savor every bite of ice cream. And, it now tastes better than it ever did before when I would eat a bowl full instead of 1/2 c to 1 c. It is now dessert or a treat. It is no longer a staple or part of the meal.

Though I still prefer to limit or come in or under my sugar every day I do have a craving too once in awhile.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Buy the smallest size available. Log the chocolate. Eat the darned chocolate.

As long as you are in a deficit you will lose. You don't have to give up everything you love.
  • Kaaaatlyn
    Options
    Just eat the chocolate. A little chocolate here and there won't make you lose any progress or stop you from losing weight. If you don't give into cravings sometimes then most likely you'll end up binging and trust me.. That is absolutely no fun.
  • iamladygusta
    Options
    If you have calories left over, I'd go ahead and have some. Or try sweet fruit to get some sugar... this helps with my sugar cravings. Of all things I've been craving Icee's. Instead if getting a 44oz lije I used to I've been getting a small... that way I satisfy the craving. Most of the time though I try to eat fruit instead of refined sugar.