Newbie...

Options
HI! My name is Kelly and I'm a single mom from Ohio. I have been struggling with my weight for the past 5 years. I've tried it all...over the counter pills - prescription drugs - shakes - Weight Watchers - blah, blah, blah. Thing is NONE of it worked.

So, here I am at the age of 35 ready to put myself first. Its going to take a great deal of effort because I'm so hard on myself...I self sabatoge myself on a DAILY basis...

So...I'm going to try to do this, the RIGHT way and figured a little support wouldnt be so bad. AND a great friend reccomended this site to me...thought I'd give it a try.

Best of luck to all of you...

Replies

• deb968
    deb968 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Life is a struggle. This site is great and everyone is so supportive. You can do it!!!
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    Kelly,
    Welcome and good luck!!!!
    there is a wonderful community here!
  • JordanGirl5
    JordanGirl5 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the warm welcome ladies...I'm already having issues...but I'm not going to let it get me down. Instead of saying "screw it" I'm gonna get off my BUTT and do another workout...

WoooHooo....that is a huge step for me!
  • Joanne_C
    Options
    Welcome Kelly,

I've only recently signed up too, and only just ventured into the message board.

Welcome and good luck!!
  • lachicadelfuego
    lachicadelfuego Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly! I have been using this site from my droid for a month now and so far it has been awesome. I've had those not so good days as well and when I really just want to eat something to make me feel better, I pull up the days diary and look at how close I am to my calories and rethink it. Don't let it get to ya. You will be so glad you chose that extra workout instead. ( I do that as well.)
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly you will sure find plenty of support here! Welcome aboard and I will beglad to add you as friend and we can help each other. Good luck on your journey!!