Advice?

Options
Hi everyone! I'm 5'7 and 144 lbs with a good amount of fat on my stomach- the dreadful "pudge". I'm going on a trip to the Bahamas on February 20th and I'm looking for some advice to tone up and lose a little weight before I go on this trip. My goal weight is 135, so do you think this can be achieved? Thank you!

Replies

• theatr3geek
    Options
    Unfortunately, targeting a specific body part, is very difficult. I would just do ab work-outs. That's what I do.
  • blakjac6
    Options
    9 lbs is definitely acheivable by february 20th. The best way to lose the weight is lots of walking/running. Walking not only tones your legs, but your stomach too. When you walk, stomach muscles tighten too. Watch what you're eating as well and u will get that weight off!! :)
  • ForTheFam
    ForTheFam Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    lots a crunches to firm up what you have...lots a cardio at 50% of heart rate max...lots a water with high quality calories including fiber. Sure is easy to write this stuff...guess I need to heed my own advice. Have a great vacation.
  • mommashelbs
    Options
    Thank you, guys. This is definitely an encouragement. I've been doing about 2.5 miles of fast-paced walking for the past week and I just started the 30 day shred today so I will hopefully have that toned belly soon!
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I agree with blakjack I have a torn disk so I can't do any sort of "laying on the back" crunches or even leg lifts ---- I've been walking a bunch and my tummy is going way down!!!! if you log ALL your food on here, and enter your exercise AND eat those calories too, you will be down 9 pounds no worries!!!! It seems weird to eat so much at first, but the weight won't come off if you don't.
  • mommashelbs
    Options
    So the idea is to eat 1300 calories a day, plus the calories I burn working out? So if I burn 300 calories in a day, I need to eat 1600 calories? Is this how I lose weight?
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    it is deff an achievable goal & yes you can eat the calories you burn, but you don't have to if you aren't hungry. it might even be a good idea to try to aim for 1200 a day instead of 1300 & increase your water to minimum 8 cups a day & increase your fiber more than MFP suggests because we're really supposed to get around 30g a day for a healthy digestive track, though MFP tells me much less on my goals. i'm aiming to lose 8lbs by vday & i'm sure it is attainable, though it wont be easy. good luck!