Turn back time instead?

Options
Today has been a bad day. I didn't go over on my calories b/c I worked this morning, but I still haven't made the best of choices. Its been a bad day personally and days like today are those days that would normally throw me off track, while I'm proud of myself that I haven't overdone it, and I'm restless so I'm feeling like taking a walk, I cant help but thinking how much more attainable it seems right now to turn back time 7 years than simply lose the weight. At least I was halfway there then.

Sorry for the rant, just having a really bad day. Feel free to look at my diary, you'll know what I mean when you look at it.

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Wow, is that the worse you can do. Man, I expected to see a 20 piece hot wings from KFC. Don't be so hard on yourself. Thank God for tomorrow.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I had the same kind of day (well, except that I am WAY over on calories, lol--so at least you're doing better than me!). I had a party tomorrow that I was hoping to look REALLY (well, better, anyway) good for, but....I guess maybe next time? lol.
  • servingthealiens
    servingthealiens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Wow, your bad day isn't that bad. You know what? Eat a peanut butter cup. You deserve it.

There's nothing wrong with a free day here and there, an unplanned bad meal (I swear, I did NOT set out to eat half a pizza at my friend's place one night last week), or just saying "I cannot deal with this today". It takes about 3500 extra calories to gain a pound. So, if it's ONE bad day occasionally, that's all it is. No major damage done.
  • winterjade
    winterjade Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The important thing is that you are aware of your down feeling, maybe use the note section on your food log to make some notations of how you felt, so when you look back you will see why your choices were not so great. Drink lots of water...sure you may be up ever hour to "go" but it will help move things along....

And remember life is full of ups and downs, thats how we secognize the ups :) dont scold yourself just note the undesirable choices and how they made you feel and try to remember for next time you have a bad day!
  • helenamonks
    Options
    Thanks yall, I actually made this post right after the 2 chicken legs with skin, so I must say, I did do better than I expected. LOL

I was half expecting to tackle the oreos that my husband keeps haphazardly hidden from me ;)