Not really a weight loss question

Options
This isn't really a weight loss question but it does pertain to the boards itself. Isn't there anything they can do to stop those annoying posts that are spam and have phone numbers in their title? It makes it really hard to find an actual topic in the swarm of them.

Sorry if this was the wrong place to ask this.

Replies

• charlieandcarol
    charlieandcarol Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I gather that volunteers fix this. It seems that at a certain time of day in the US a big wash of spam goes out. Moderators usually clean it up pretty quickly so if you just wait a little while it will be gone.
  • Chaotic_Weevil
    Chaotic_Weevil Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You mean I can't actually have T-Rex muscles?
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Apparently MFP is working on ridding the site of spammers and has been for a while.

Moderators are light on this time of the day. There have been many requests to MFP to increase the number of moderators across various time zones to ensure adequate coverage the majority of the time.

We are told to just keep reporting the posts, but continually reporting posts can be quite frustrating, irritating and ruins the experience of using the site.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

Nope :( all lies lol. Next thing you know they will lie and tell everyone Santa isn't real. :-p

As for reporting, I gave up. Too many if them. Although I used just use one report and use the comment box to list the others.
  • elphie754
    Options
    Lol the entire 2 page of this forum is all advertisement, as well as most of the third.
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I was just gonna make a thread about this, I think it's happening in all the forums here.

There's like over 100 to report though lol
  • moijo6
    moijo6 Posts: 121
    Options
    it happens sometimes, the forums get flooded , it never lasts long.
  • elphie754
    Options
    I was just gonna make a thread about this, I think it's happening in all the forums here.

There's like over 100 to report though lol

Ahh okay it is not only me who is questioning it. Now I don't feel so silly asking.

It seems to always happen during a specific time frame. They should find someone to moderate who is around at that time. If they are indeed volunteers I would volunteer for that time frame since I'm aways up at this time of night.
  • Grrrrleo
    Grrrrleo Posts: 25
    Options
    Excellent post! Some of the spam titles are so random!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Well I want T-rex muscles too! cackle