Low carb lunch ideas

Options
Has anyone got any ideas for low carb lunches I can take to work with me?
I've been on slimfast but is has high carbs plus I'm only losing a pound a week.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Beef.

Also, what do you mean "only losing a pound a week"? That's a really good rate of weight loss.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Bacon
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    One pound a week is awesome, especially since you don't have much to lose.
    Chicken
    Beef
    Pork
    Tuna
    Salad or veggies, with any of the above.
  • Chriswarbs
    Options
    I know a pound a week a week is good but I have a major op in 4 weeks so could with losing more.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Atkins has some nice frozen meals.

Go to a good BBQ joint and pick up some ribs, pulled, pork, or whatever suits you...buy too much, it reheats well.

I like a low-carb flat bread roll up filled with ham, hard salami, cheese, mustard, etc.

BTW - I had double hernia surgery a week ago last Thursday. I gained 14 pounds in one day after the surgery. The saline solution IV and the swelling caused this weight gain. It took 8 days for me to return to my start weight before the surgery. Good luck!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    We've just added Joseph's flat breads (lavash & pita) to our lunches.
    It makes traditional sandwiches easier to do & certain fills in the gaps for things that WANT a little bread.

We don't go crazy with them though but they've sure made life easier. Not sure where you're located but after searching all of my local Whole Foods, I finally found them at BJ's (yay!)

lavash+intro.jpg
  • literaturelover25
    literaturelover25 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm on a kick with Tuna, i mix it with red onion and pickles and eat it on strips of raw bell pepper. Greek salad is also a great option, i dont like packing lettuce salads for lunch as they don't stay as crisp.
  • Caharleygirl
    Caharleygirl Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I don't know how low carb you want but I strive for 30 carbs max per meal as I am a diabetic.

My hubby and I like sandwiches made with light ww bread (2 slices is only 16 carbs) or with ww tortillas/pita pockets. We usually eat this with a garden salad with light balsamic or Italian dressing and some carrots/celery/radishes/peppers to crunch on. Sandwiches could be tuna/chicken salad or turkey/ham slices with swiss cheese and lots of lettuce/tomato/onion/etc. We kinda got burnt out on big salads but that's what we used to always have for lunch. So that is a good option too. Sometimes I add a cup of soup (broth or miso) to my lunch if I am super hungry. You can always have leftovers from last night's dinner too but we usually freeze them so we can eat it for dinner one night when no one wants to cook...lol

If I am running late and didn't prepare lunch, we usually grab either a turkey burger or a grilled chicken sandwich and take off one half of the bun (to cut the carbs) or you can ask them to lettuce wrap it if you want to save even more carbs but my hubby doesn't like lettuce wrapped (who knows why?). I also get side salads with low cal dressing and/or fruit cups (if they have them). Not too bad calorie wise or carb wise.

Good Luck on your surgery!