A new life.

Options
My name is Sheri I am a mother of two, I work in real estate but it's a desk position so I'm very active during the day. Both my children were born by c-section so I find it harder to lose weight.

I'm only 31 and many people tell me I am still young but my body feels like I am 80. I'm not use to this, in hight school and college I was a cheerleader. Being 5'3 and 107 lbs I was the one who was tossed in the air. 107 lbs was my max weight before I had my kids. Now I am embarrassed to say how much I actually weight..

I went to the doctors to be tested for thyroid disease, high blood pressure and diabetes ( thank god I'm completely healthy) but my doctor said I need to lose weight or I wont see my kids walk down the aisle. Who says that to someone? Then he followed with "you carry it well".

Born to a portuguese family we love food and I have a sweet tooth but something has to give. God if I only have millions for plastic surgery, LOL.:tongue:

Replies

• choley222
    Options
    I wish you luck as you start out in your new venture to be healthy. It's a hard journey but beyond worth every struggle in the end. I had a similar conversation with my doctor two years ago when she told me I was morbidly obese. Being a mother of two I was terrified I wouldn't get to be there for my kids so I made a change. Now I am only over weight and inching closer everyday to being at my healthy weight. Just remember to celebrate every little victory and do not get hung up on the number on the scale.
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    welcome to the forum, when you have kids and are busy a lot I feel your pain about the trouble of losing weight. Consider it a lifestyle change more than just losing weight, coming from NL canada we historlically have probably the worst diet in canada, high salt, high fat, high carb is the traditional diet there. I had to make a more concious effort to start eating more veggies and leaner meats, I love to eat so my meals have a decent lot of veggies in them to fill me up, the added fiber is great as well.
  • alliegator89
    alliegator89 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck with your weight loss journey. I have found MFP really helpful and I hope you do too!
  • bizybeemom
    bizybeemom Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! Good to see fellow moms working to be healthier for their kids! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I was feeling like that last year. I wasn't obese but I had no energy and felt so old. My doc diagnosed a Vitamin D deficiency. After correcting that, the weight was easier to lose and I felt a whole lot more energetic. You can't get the proper doses of Vitamin D from your diet alone. You might try a Calcium supplement with D added and see if it makes you feel better.
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    You can indeed get the vitamin D in your diet mushrooms carry loads of it, if you eat some of them every day like in an omelette you are good to go.