Amys frozen food?

Options
Hi guys!
So I know eating unprocessed, fresh food is the best thing.. But I am always on the go and cannot cook. Is amys frozen food ok to eat at least once a day, for lunch? It says no preservatives, organic and I try to pick the low sodium and "light and lean" options. I'm also a fan of their soups. Anyone lost weight eating these frozen foods? Any advice and opinions are welcome!
Thanks in advance,
Dominique
PS always looking for motivating friends to add! (:

Replies

• beckyjeanleemaddox
    beckyjeanleemaddox Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I really love Amys!!!!! I think its a great choice and convenitent:wink:
  • GlynnisSapsfordHey
    GlynnisSapsfordHey Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love Amy's but you should still watch the sodium. Don't for get salads and fruit for lunch there quick and easy most fast foods places do salads
  • BikiniJacked
    BikiniJacked Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love Amys - especiailly being Vegan - soooo many choices =) Not sure if you are vegan or not, but def go with Amys for all of the quality ingredients for sure.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I don't buy Amy's very often but I've liked everything I've tried, esp the pizzas. I definitely think you can lose weight while eating it. I'll send you a friend request :)
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i love amy's gluten-free burritos (i'm allergic to wheat) as the best of their type, and i like the black bean and cheese enchilada (it's a light meal) with yogurt stirred in. the shepard's pie isn't bad, either. my husband loves most of the amy's dinners, especially the mexican foods. and the vegetable pot pie smells a-mazing! both he and i are losing weight eating our amy's, btw.
  • z_bra
    z_bra Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Eating it daily is definitely not healthybut if you are eating a calorie deficit you will lose weight (you can lose weight only eating mcdonalds if you want)....

Im sure you have time once a week to bake a batch of chicken breast and make some rice, portion it out in containers and freeze it for lunches in the future..dont make excuses.

I love Amys soup... today I had the black bean one with some chicken cut up in it with cilantro :)
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    why would eating the lower sodium of amy's meals be any less healthy than eating the component foods cooking them yourself?
  • CrunchyDad
    CrunchyDad Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I keep a couple of the enchilada or tamale meals on hand at all times, so maybe once a week on a lazy night we'll pop those in the oven. Also keep some soups in a drawer at work in case I ever forget to pack lunch.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    why would eating the lower sodium of amy's meals be any less healthy than eating the component foods cooking them yourself?

It still has way more sodium than if you made it yourself.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options

It still has way more sodium than if you made it yourself.
    That's just not true. Some of Amy's products have way less sodium than if I cooked them myself.

I love Amy's products. I don't worry about processed vs unprocessed food, since hello, most everything is processed to some extent and it does not impact my weight loss.

The only thing of Amy's that I do not like is the Mac and Cheese. Horrific gas. Just... room-clearing farts.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    The only thing I question is the part where you cannot cook. But you only eat convenience meals at lunch? So someone cooks for you the rest of the time? You could always grab some containers, get that someone to cook you extra, and take it to work then heat it.

I'm not saying don't eat Amys by the way. I have no opinion one way or another, since years ago I tried a couple of things and just didn't like it. I'm just saying you could also bring leftovers from when you or whoever cooks for you the rest of the time prepares your food on days you'd rather not rely on Amys.