Coke life

Options
cronly
cronly Posts: 307 Member
ccb94d120404ad53781f29362824db2582e30c7a.png

Tried this for the first time yesterday. It's not too bad, but still tastes like a diet drink somewhat. The color is horrid.

Discuss.

Replies

• fheppy
    fheppy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    tried... still too much calories..
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I saw this stuff in the store a couple of days ago, I'm not planning to try it, I don't personally think it really fits any market gap; if you want low-calorie Coke that tastes more like normal Coke than Diet Coke does, there's Coke Zero, which is way lower in calories than Life anyway.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    naaaa... Gave up soft drinks January 2012. I'll stick to water thanks. oh & occasional alcohol!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I thought this was gonna be about 80's nightlife and now I am sad.
  • cronly
    cronly Posts: 307 Member
    Options

LOL!!
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options

+1
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I saw this stuff in the store a couple of days ago, I'm not planning to try it, I don't personally think it really fits any market gap; if you want low-calorie Coke that tastes more like normal Coke than Diet Coke does, there's Coke Zero, which is way lower in calories than Life anyway.

Actually, it does....stevia is a natural extract so they can market it as "natural"...there is a huge market for "natural" foods.

Personally, I don't like stevia. I only drink Coke from Mexico that comes in a glass bottle...it's real cane sugar rather than HFCS so it's not quite so sweet and it's just delicious and refreshing over ice on a hot day after a nice long ride. Mexican Fanta too.
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options

Actually, it does....stevia is a natural extract so they can market it as "natural"...there is a huge market for "natural" foods.

Personally, I don't like stevia. I only drink Coke from Mexico that comes in a glass bottle...it's real cane sugar rather than HFCS so it's not quite so sweet and it's just delicious and refreshing over ice on a hot day after a nice long ride. Mexican Fanta too.

I miss drinking Coke in bottles! I still remember when my momma used to take the bottles back to the grocery store when I was little. There was a conveyor belt that you put them on in the back of the store. Then, we'd buy more with the rest of our groceries. Yeah, I'm old. I haven't seen this new Coke, though. I'd give it a try, at least once.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Came expecting to see much more discussion about illegal drugs and the resulting weight loss... :embarassed:
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I only drink Coke from Mexico that comes in a glass bottle...it's real cane sugar rather than HFCS so it's not quite so sweet and it's just delicious and refreshing over ice on a hot day after a nice long ride. Mexican Fanta too.

The company I work for makes Coke occasionally in the glass bottles, it is far nicer in the glass bottle although ours is not made from cane sugar I must add, there's nothing nicer than lifting a bottle off the line as it comes out of the filling machine, cracking it open and down the neck in one go :drinker:
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options

+1

+2
  • MirandaDeCrane
    MirandaDeCrane Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am a little late to this post, but I actually do like it for an occasional soft drink. I love Coke, but the HFCS really turns me off. I can buy Pepsi from Amazon in mini cans that are cane sugar, but they still have sugar! LOL

I like that the Coke Life uses real cane sugar, but less, and boosts the taste wtih stevia. It does taste a little "diet" but I don't mind. I love the fizzyness of a soda sometimes! Pepsi True is the Pepsi Version, and I buy the mini cans on Amazon. 24/$9 and they last for-e-ver in my house. I hope they sell and keep making them.