Anyone want to do 30 day Shred in September?

Options

Replies

• the_kat42
    Options
    I'm in. I just did the level 1 workout for the first time... :-)
    A question though: I can't bounce or hop (chronic achilles tendonitis), so I can't do the jumping jacks or the butt kicks the way she shows them. Does anyone know how to replace them most effectively without any bouncing?
    Also, how do you log this workout - 20 min. circuit training?
  • jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I finished with Day 4 of level 1. Looking forward to complete the program with y'all
  • jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I just did the level 1 workout for the first time... :-)
    A question though: I can't bounce or hop (chronic achilles tendonitis), so I can't do the jumping jacks or the butt kicks the way she shows them. Does anyone know how to replace them most effectively without any bouncing?

I have seen a modification of jumping jacks in Focus T25 Alpha. You can also try Youtube. Or replace it with a low impact move that you can do without hurting yourself.
  • heidimmto
    heidimmto Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. What do we have to do?
  • tamaraann1986
    tamaraann1986 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in. So excited. I love group workouts and challenges. =D
  • VaxSA
    VaxSA Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as a friend anyone who is doing this! I am a kiwi - so to the aussie girl - I know exactly how you feel, always talking to the past! Haha =)
  • EJBx4
    EJBx4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)
  • snjohnston
    snjohnston Posts: 47 Member
    Options

One last thing when folks start the level 1: There is a point where Jillian re-joins the girls in static lunges with bicep curls and she mentions how "they don't even cheat when I'm not looking. They don't even cheat they're so good." But Natalie CHEATS! Watch when they pan over to Anita for the modified lunge Natalie stops lunging. Makes me feel better that not even Natalie can do the whole 20 minutes straight. Please watch for this and confirm or deny my observation.

Lol I've also noticed Natalie's squats to be more of a beginners squat. Anita (and I) goes way deeper into the squat than Natalie. And check her out during the punches....same thing! I get my squat down to nearly 90°, and hers are near 30°! It makes me feel better. :)
  • jcct2014
    jcct2014 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I will squeeze it in on days I don't have zumba - love my zumba classes more! Also running a 5k in Sept. so will def. skip that day :)

Let's shred.
  • fatboyruss
    fatboyruss Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm up for it even though I don't really know what a shred is. However, I am in a brutal weight loss challenge with my wife - the one who loses is a domestic slave for a whole weekend !
  • jcct2014
    jcct2014 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I would really like to do this with y'all, but would like to put out in advance that it'll be a 4 times a week thing for me (and that's shooting up from the 3 I'll be comfortable with) because of my back. There's no way for me to do a 7 day workout, so 4 (to maybe 5) is all that's possible). Can I still join? I'd love to come play!
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options

I have seen a modification of jumping jacks in Focus T25 Alpha. You can also try Youtube. Or replace it with a low impact move that you can do without hurting yourself.

What she said about replacing. And yes, 20 minutes circuit training works wonders.
  • VaxSA
    VaxSA Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Wohoo! day 1 down!
  • vsecret921
    vsecret921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Is there an official group for this? I want to start it tomorrow but would love to do it with a group and not alone
  • bakeralison1
    bakeralison1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My legs sidelined me from running so I think I might try the shred challenge out.

I found searched and found a group at

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/23070-30-day-shred-september-2014

if anyone wants to join.
  • welshpoppy
    welshpoppy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Day 1 completed and joined group:)
  • karolinebratsj
    karolinebratsj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna give this a go, since it's conveniently timed!

Now I have to find my DVD... still unpacking from moving. Hopefully I can find it before the end of the day tomorrow.
  • the_kat42
    Options
    I'm gonna give this a go, since it's conveniently timed!

Now I have to find my DVD... still unpacking from moving. Hopefully I can find it before the end of the day tomorrow.

It's on YouTube if you can't find it... there goes THAT excuse! hee hee hee ;-)
  • Brunette_H
    Brunette_H Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 1 done! Actually it wasn't as bad as I thought so anyone wondering whether or not they can do this or whether they need to get their life insurance policies and will in place before, don't worry you can totally do it too!