Not losing.....boo

Options
I am eating the calories (1360 per day) and exercising 30-60 minutes 6 days a week. Did not lose a pound this week. Any ideas? :huh:

Replies

• bizybeemom
    bizybeemom Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Give it another week and stay consistant. Looks like you've done real well since the first of the year. This is probably just a short plateau.
  • adriayellow11
    Options
    Are you weighing yourself at the same time each week?
  • mommashelbs
    Options
    Are you drinking plenty of water?

I'm very new to this but everyone on here always tells me to drink at least 8, 8 oz cups a day.
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I started recently and my first week was great- second NOTHING. I think I lost the first weekend because my body was detoxing after all the bad food when I added more good.

Sometimes it just takes time to get going.

I also found that while I hadnt lost any pounds, I was down inches all over which felt good =)
  • fancyladymeek
    Options
    I am eating the calories (1360 per day) and exercising 30-60 minutes 6 days a week. Did not lose a pound this week. Any ideas? :huh:

If you're exercising 30-60 mins each day, you're burning more than 160 cals exercising. That means you're not eating a minimum of 1200 each day.

You may just need to eat more, especially some nice lean proteins (yogurt, chicken, fish, etc). Try bumping up your calories by 2-300 for a week.

Also, are you doing the same exercise each day? If so, try some different exercises, like some free weights or cross training.
  • Proudmumofboys
    Options
    are you weighing yourself weekly.? I was doing this, but was getting discouraged. So Now I am weighing in on the 1st of the month and the 15th of the month, every two weeks or so.

Keep it up and don't get to discouraged.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Weight loss isn't consistent. Try the same things this week and see if you lose. If you don't after 2 weeks you might try lowering your sodium and increasing your water. Play with the calories a little bit or decrease the exercise to 3-4 days and see if it helps.