Protein bars

Options
alereck
alereck Posts: 343 Member
Probably a repeat thread but I didn't find one.
Suggestion for tasty low calorie protein bars? The higher calorie ones are too heavy for me.

I've had Quest and Ohyeah! but I'm getting bored.

Replies

• Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Bored with Quest? Have you have all the flavors? there are like 20!
  • jenstrohm
    jenstrohm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist recommended the KIND bars- they are lower sugar and high in protein (and tasty)
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I didn't like Quest bars as I found out the high fiber content along with the artificial sweetener that they use upset my stomach too much. I now eat the Lean NuGo protein bars and love them.
  • gail1961
    gail1961 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein-20 grams of protein 180-200 calories depending on flavor. I got a good price at BJ's.
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I second the Pure Protein recommendation. It's a good amount of protein for not too many calories, I can usually get them at a good price and they taste good. I am particular partial to the Chocolate Peanut Butter and the Peanut Caramel Surprise (or whatever it's called).
  • alereck
    Options
    No, I have not tried all the Quest flavors but the artificial flavor on it is what is getting old. The first few bars taste fine but then I kind find myself pushing them down. Also feel pretty stuffed with them.

Thank you guys, I haven't tried any of these. I buy the ohyeah! from Costco but I can get my sister in law to get me some Pure Protein at BJ's. KIND bars were going to be my next option since they have them at Costco.
  • bluuu123
    bluuu123 Posts: 83
    Options
    I third (lol) Pure Protein bars! Love the chocolate peanut butter flavor the most
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    define low calorie
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Definitely Pure protein here! Yum!
  • suzyblott
    suzyblott Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    the atkins protein bars taste great.
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I like the low sugar Kind bars (some are high in sugar, so look at the labels).

My favorites are Nut Delight, Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt, and Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Pecan.

The peanut butter/dark chocolate one is really good, too, but it's a little higher in sugar than the ones I named above so I don't get it as often.

All of the Kind bars are approximately 200 calories each.
  • MrsGinaTaylor
    MrsGinaTaylor Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Chef Robert Irvine's FIT Crunch Baked Bars
    I LOVE THESE!!
    My favorite is the peanut butter!! Try the PB first like we did.

They are 380 Calories, 30g Protein, 6g sugar.

They make my husband and I think their a candy bar! They are great and we are really picky! lol
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I had a bar the other day called Good Greens. It was dark chocolate Rasberry I think. Very good! But I can't figure out how to order them from their site. Weird, I know... Amazon doesn't have the flavor in stock. I will be purchasing them asa I can figure out how. Lol

Edited to say that I just checked their website and it's fixed. Yay! They are a bit pricey tho...
  • milliondays
    milliondays Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If it's under 200 calories and has 20 g of protein, then I like it, no matter how it tastes.
  • alereck
    Options
    define low calorie

200 or less, I eat them as snacks before my post workout meal, so anything above that I won't be eating for hours.
  • alereck
    Options
    If it's under 200 calories and has 20 g of protein, then I like it, no matter how it tastes.

:laugh:
    I eat them daily and I love chocolate/sweets so good taste is a requirement
  • alereck
    Options
    I had a bar the other day called Good Greens. It was dark chocolate Rasberry I think. Very good! But I can't figure out how to order them from their site. Weird, I know... Amazon doesn't have the flavor in stock. I will be purchasing them asa I can figure out how. Lol

Edited to say that I just checked their website and it's fixed. Yay! They are a bit pricey tho...

I'm cheap, that is why I ended up with two boxes of Quest bars in my pantry that is taking me forever to finish, bogo.
  • squishycatmew
    squishycatmew Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Target actually sells some under their "Market Pantry" label that are decent-tasting, but you really ned to drink a lot of water with them, and you need to watch how many you eat - they use sugar alcohols (erythritol, xylitol) to sweeten them, and those can have a laxative effect.
    I find that the KIND bars are tasty but don't have enough protein for me except as an occasional snack.
    Think Thin has some new high-protein bars which are also pretty good, if higher on the calorie count and low on the fiber.
    Clif Builder Bars are good, but they're heavy, and they're full-sugar.

I'm surprised you don't like that Quest bars make you feel full - that's why I eat them!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein-20 grams of protein 180-200 calories depending on flavor. I got a good price at BJ's.

I third the Pure Protein recommendation :wink:
    We get them from BJ's too.

Edited to add: These make me feel full too, as in I can have one as a snack & hold off on a meal for a few hours
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I tried Pure Protein today-- it was pretty good. I think it still has a bit of an artificial sweetener taste though. I've also heard good things about Think Thin-- I've got one of those to try.

What I would do is go to Publix or GNC and get a few kinds to try. At my Publix they've got a ton of kinds that you can buy individually.