Cyrstal Light?

Options
so is it ok to drink cyrstal light? i buy the great value brand of it at walmart ( Rasberry lemonade) k that instead of soda. but is it hurting my weight loss if i drink it or is it just like flavored water?

Replies

• bizybeemom
    bizybeemom Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    We've had this discussion ourselves at home. I try to stay away from stuff that has aspartame in it. But I do love Crystal Light and so does my hubby. Can't wait to see what others have to say.
  • fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    i do it - i love it -
  • rebawagner
    rebawagner Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    according to weight watchers its the same as water... I try to drink every other glass with just water but it is helping me get the fluids in better!
  • treekins
    treekins Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I use one packet a day; I'm hooked! And I'm sure I would't meet my water quota if I didn't. It's only 10 calories, but I've heard there are some negative things about it...the one I used (livActive triple berry) uses sugar and alternative sugar, but has 3g of fibre...but gosh I just love it and I figure it's WAY better than drinking juice or soda.

I'm interested to hear what others have to say!

Tree
  • stephaniekendrick
    stephaniekendrick Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    This has been my replacement for soda. I can't stand plain water...it's boring to me and I'd never get in enough fluids if I had to just drink water. According to two people in my family who have done WW, Crystal Light counts as water consumption.
  • ragingdevi
    ragingdevi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It seems to just be sugar water, but then there's also the aspartame thing. I'm sure there's something healthier you can "spend" your calories on :)
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light singles original iced tea ... I use one single per 32 oz of water. I also try to alternate between this and plain water and also green tea.
    Is it hindering my weight loss? I've lost 10 lbs in 13 days so I'm thinking not.
    I count it as my water intake as well.
  • TexasTKD9
    Options
    This has been my replacement for soda. I can't stand plain water...it's boring to me and I'd never get in enough fluids if I had to just drink water. According to two people in my family who have done WW, Crystal Light counts as water consumption.

Same here! I also can't stand plain water it makes me gag to be honest. Before I started drinking crystal light I got absolutely no water intake whatsoever it was all soda! So I'm glad I like the Crystal Light so much...I just count it as my water intake for the day!
  • jongwoons
    Options
    Someone told me it was toxic or something, and that it had quite a bit of sodium in there, but I am really not sure about this. Regardless it is a great alternative to juice or soda, and I love it. However I'm learning to drink more water so I'm slowly leaving it D:
  • skinnygirlfreed
    Options
    I'm drinking it right now... I would say I use Crystal Light in 8 out of 10 glasses of water. Hasn't hindered me any! :) Whatever helps you get in that water..... chug it, girl! :)
  • Robin66
    Robin66 Posts: 103
    Options
    I drink it and love it, my favorite is the cherry pomegranite. My Doctor said I could count it as water and that he also drinks it.
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    I used to drink it all of the time but have stopped after hearing Dr. Oz speak on artificial sweetners. I mean it is supposed to be ok if you use like 2 a day but do you also add artificial sweetners to other things through out the day. I honestly feel better since I hve stopped using it. But that could be just me
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    They say the aspartame is what is bad for you! Other than that though it is just like water. Years ago I could barely drink water without it! After drinking water with crystal light for so long I eventually got use to drinking water without and now I cant even drink it with the crystal light. I would now prefer just plain water. Try drinking it with only as much as you have to or alternate like someone else suggested. After a while you will get use to just plain water. I drink 4 litres a day of just water with no flavouring!
  • aeragusa
    aeragusa Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    If it's helping you get your fluids in, I say go for it. But if you can do without, I'd say reserve it as a special treat. Just my opinion :P
  • usmcpatience
    Options
    Crystal Light singles original iced tea ... I use one single per 32 oz of water. I also try to alternate between this and plain water and also green tea.
    Is it hindering my weight loss? I've lost 10 lbs in 13 days so I'm thinking not.
    I count it as my water intake as well.

I'm okay with regular water, but I have recently discovered the Green Tea Crystal light single packets. I can usually get about 6-7 glasses of plain water down a day, but I cannot seem to get 8. These green tea things are helping me get to 8 or more....

It might not be great for you, but it is siginifcantly better than diet pop! (For tons of reasons...Not that I have room to talk...I am a currently trying to recover diet-coke addict!) Good luck!
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I don't touch the stuff. I HATE water, so I used to use it in order to get my 8 glasses. I did some reading about it, and it changed my views entirely. I won't go near it now - but I would still say it's better than pop/soda, or sugary juices. It does have aspartame and chemicals in it which are toxic to your body. (as well as useless dyes, artificial flavours, etc). :ohwell:
  • chrysnel
    Options
    I used to drink a LOT of Crystal Light, and thought I was never going to be able to wean myself off of it. But I decided that I didn't want to have that much artificial sweetener in my diet (or any artificial sweetener at all!) so I ended up going cold turkey. It was tough - I do still have some packets in my drawer at work, but they have been there untouched for months now and I have no desire to have them anymore. Have you tried True Lemon or True Lime? They add a nice flavour to plain water. It's basically crystallized lemon and
    lime juice.
  • AreneeS22
    AreneeS22 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I stay away from artificial sweeteners... from everything I've read about them, they are no good for you. They make me sick anyway (literally) so I cant eat or drink anything that has aspartame in it. If you're going to drink Crystal Light, you should try the Crystal Light Pure Fitness... it gives your water flavor but has no artificial sweeteners in it.
  • madina62
    madina62 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to phase out Crystal Light because of the aspartame in it and am just using up what we have left in the house. What I've started doing is putting a lemon slice in my water bottle and it really helps flavor the water without using the cl.
  • Chigirlhere
    Chigirlhere Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I vowed to stay away from artificial sweetener, haven't used it for over a year and it's ok. My reason for doing so was just to keep as many chemicals as possible out of my body, in addition it slowly gets you used to less/ no sugary tasting things.
    For my water I use "True Lemon" it's crystallized lemon so it's convenient when you are out and about, they now also have a sweetened version which I have not tried.