computer or paper...?

Options
Hi,I've been on & off this site a lot,but now I'm committed to stay on track. I have downloaded the MFP app on my Galaxy,but it's been giving me problems (the Galaxy). So I was thinking of going old fashioned & use a note book & pencil to keep track. Does anyone still do that?

Replies

• shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd lose it or forget to write it down I use the app cause I can pull the foods from the data base and use the scanner.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    how you planning on adding the calories?? with an abacus???

nah, just kidding. hey, whatever works for you. you can use the app or the site if you're on a computer at work or home.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I don't. I've considered it. If MFP shuts down, all my stuff is lost. But I haven't who pied out the graph paper yet.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I love a a good game of rock, computer, scissors
  • becpatterson
    becpatterson Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a calorie king book for looking up calories & I can get on the computer at least once a day,so I'm thinking write it down,then when I can get on the computer I can log it. I love the portability of my Galaxy(tablet),but it has problems.
  • borntobehappynow
    Options
    I'm doing pen and paper. More recently I have started entering the food to MFP at the end of the day just to double check what I am doing.

Use a whole page with a positive thought at the top and write in it occasionally during the day if I come up with challenges. I also write out my meals on the page the day before I eat. Sometimes I have to revise but mainly I am eating what I planned prior.

Using "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Losing Twenty Pounds in Two Months" and is set up as five meals a day.

Best of luck!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Very committed, I personally, would replace the phone because I very much enjoy the scanner! Also because I like lazy!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am still old school, there is something that I like about putting pen to paper... I had already lost well over 200 pounds when I came to MFP so I had been keeping hand written journals from the beginning and I don't plan to stop anytime soon... People will say get with the times, use the computer and the app on your phone and I just tell them I am in IT networking/computer programming and that is what I do everyday of my life so to unplug and hand log my food and exercise is my break from all this tech crap... lol Best of Luck