new person checking in.

Options
My name's Bethany, obviously. I'm 23. I live in Arkansas, and I am overweight. Overweight, by about 25lbs, and out of shape.

So I signed up for this site. It's been a week. Apparently this site has made more of a difference to me (health-wise) than any other site ever. I'm including YouTube.

I've become vegan in the last short while (again, for the fifth(?) time. I'm gone back and forth between vegetarian, vegan and omnivore for years) , and it's great to be able to accurately see carbs/fat/protein and see how many calories I eat. Accountability makes the biggest difference for me.

I want to lose weight, get into a healthy BMI range and get into shape. I'm not into lifting, or anything major. I'm just trying to get healthy.

Anyway, intro's over. Nice to meet you guys.

Replies

• Darcy011
    Darcy011 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you as we'll feel free to add me if you would like. I have been on and off this site over the past few years but have always found great support. Best of luck to you
  • nikjackson18
    Options
    Hi & Welcome
    I'm quite new too and love this site.
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Good luck. 25 lbs. doesn't seem that much (I have 70 lbs. to go:blushing: ) I tried to eat just vegetables too, but meat is just too good to pass:laugh:
  • radimage
    radimage Posts: 99
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck.

The guilt factor alone of having to see what you add in on your meals keeps me from being too bad.
  • helpimfalling
    Options
    Hey Bethany,

I'm also from AR. And I've also gone back and forth with being a vegetarian. Right now I'm not, but I feel like if there's any way I could make it work it would be with this site. Good luck on your goals! Feel free to add me. :)
  • Lorsmith44
    Lorsmith44 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am Lori, I am new to this site. Mainly on it for my health and also, the fact that I have a BMI of 36. UGH! My cardiologist suggested the site. I have been on for a few days now and I am still trying to tweak my foods to match my activity levels.

I am realllly addicted to sugar. This is tough, but I am hoping to stick it out and lose a few pants sizes and start buying some better looking clothes! :smile:
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck.

The guilt factor alone of having to see what you add in on your meals keeps me from being too bad.

Couldn't have said it better myself!!