How many calories should I be eating?

Options
This is something I've never really been certain of for a while. I'm 162cm, 52kgs and work out 2-3 times a week? Of course now that it's spring and I've finally got into a routine I'm trying to increase the amount of exercise I do during the week. My workouts generally consist of 30min cardio and 30min weights, or sometimes I'll just do 20min cardio and 40min weights depending on how I feel.
I'm asian as well - not sure if that's irrelevant, but we tend to be a bit more petite

If you have any more questions to help me out, ask away!

Replies

• gregmoniz
    Options
    This is something I've never really been certain of for a while. I'm 162cm, 52kgs and work out 2-3 times a week? Of course now that it's spring and I've finally got into a routine I'm trying to increase the amount of exercise I do during the week. My workouts generally consist of 30min cardio and 30min weights, or sometimes I'll just do 20min cardio and 40min weights depending on how I feel.
    I'm asian as well - not sure if that's irrelevant, but we tend to be a bit more petite

If you have any more questions to help me out, ask away!

Honestly everybody on here is going to give you an answer that probably isn't right. The only way you can really know is if you go and get tested. People told me to eat 1200-1500 calories a day because of the magical 2000 calories we lose everyday, but what they fail to mention is everybody is different. My number isn't 2000 it is 800. So I eat around 1000 calories or less a day and exercise. It is different for everybody.
  • mrsroddy28
    Options
    Check out scooby workshop calculator -- it helped me so much!
  • tessgetsfit
    tessgetsfit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That's been really helpful, thanks! :)
  • Musicgrl89
    Options
    hello everyone, looking for friends on here to be added and to give me encouragement for weight loss!! add me if you want and ill add you! thanks yall