Bigger butt help, thighs strengthened

Options
Hi Everyone:)
So one of my main goals might be somewhat mainstream, but it is my goal. I am working toward a bigger booty. I have been working on and off for about a month now and have noticed a bit of a change. I would also like to strengthen my thighs.
Routine:
3 days cardio
3 days strength
For my butt:
Squats: 3 sets 8 reps (only 20lbs so far)
Glute Machine:3 sets 8 reps 50 lbs
Hip abduction out: 3 sets 8 reps 90lbs
Hip abduction in: 3 sets 8 reps 75 lbs
And than I do donkey kicks, leg lifts, and clamshells.

Any advice? Thank you so much in advance

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    To gain mass you need to be eating at a surplus. Or are you still trying to lose weight and want to strengthen the rear?

To strengthen the area, I prefer to do barbell squats, Romanian deadlifts, walking lunges with dumbbells, and split squats for lower body area around the booty. I've never been a fan of the glute machine or the hip add/ab machines.
  • xoxodoll
    Options
    I'm not trying to lose weight, I'm trying to stay the same weight roughly, I know muscle weighs more, so if my weight goes up its ok, How come you dont like the machines? I can feel them working, but maybe its just me.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Get a copy of Strong Curves - booty dominated exercise programmes in there :)

Edit: or google Bret Contraras for some of the exercises on YouTube - hip thrusts are awesome !
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I second Strong Curves.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    I second Strong Curves.

Thirded. I'm using strong curves and I've got no complaints so far
  • xoxodoll
    Options
    Have you guys noticed a bigger butt with Strong Curves?
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Have you guys noticed a bigger butt with Strong Curves?

Mine looks bigger - but is actually smaller. Eating at surplus would result in growth. (I don't follow the programme though - I just incorporate some of the exercises)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i just ordered strong curves but havent started it.

i've seen major results with overall compound lifting (squats, deadlifts, power cleans). i dont necessarily think it's bigger since i'm overall getting smaller, but it's higher, rounder and bubblier. i also recently noticed that my dresses and skirts are lifted in the back , so i'm definitely getting a donk :laugh:

for the stuff you're already doing OP i'd suggest:
    - getting your squats as low as you can still keeping good form. the more your hips drop below your knees, the more glute activation
    -i'd personally leave out the yes/no machine (the abduction/adduction) and switch it out with deadlifts.

glute bridges, box jumps, hill running and low sled pushes (or plate pushes) are good. i havent tried hip bridges yet, but that's mainly because it's an awkward exercise to do in the weight room :laugh:
  • nessa3983
    Options
    Hi Everyone:)
    So one of my main goals might be somewhat mainstream, but it is my goal. I am working toward a bigger booty. I have been working on and off for about a month now and have noticed a bit of a change. I would also like to strengthen my thighs.
    Routine:
    3 days cardio
    3 days strength
    For my butt:
    Squats: 3 sets 8 reps (only 20lbs so far)
    Glute Machine:3 sets 8 reps 50 lbs
    Hip abduction out: 3 sets 8 reps 90lbs
    Hip abduction in: 3 sets 8 reps 75 lbs
    And than I do donkey kicks, leg lifts, and clamshells.

Any advice? Thank you so much in advance

I read on the body building website to train glutes once a week.