Some small NSVs this weekend...

Options
1. I had dinner with some girl friends on Friday night at On the Border. I stressed all day about what I was gonna order. I got motivated that afternoon to get up and exercise in an effort to earn more calories for dinner. I did my 30 day shred at home then went to the gym and did the elliptical for 40 min. I went to dinner and had some chips and salsa, a skinny magarita and ordered the entree I wanted and ended the day with 91 cal left!!!

2. I went to a baby shower today, in which I was responsible for bringing the cake (cupcake cake). Not only did I have to order it, I had to pick it up and take it to the shower. At the shower, I passed on the cupcake ( which wasn't easy) and munched on baby carrots and some delicious hummus that was there as well.

Yay me!

Replies

• bsavage13
    bsavage13 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    :smile: Awesome job! Way to go!
  • humpalc
    humpalc Posts: 140
    Options
    Great job!
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Wow! Impressive!!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    great job!!!
  • llstrength
    llstrength Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Great job! It's really encouraging to read this!
  • wpij25
    wpij25 Posts: 161
    Options
    so I have read alot of people on this site like the 30 day shred...I went to buy backs to see if I could get my hands on a used on for cheap...they had one copy and wanted 54 dollars for it :noway: I came home and googled it...I think I will be ordering a NEW one off the internet for under 20 dollars :laugh: :wink:
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Great self control! Way to go!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    so I have read alot of people on this site like the 30 day shred...I went to buy backs to see if I could get my hands on a used on for cheap...they had one copy and wanted 54 dollars for it :noway: I came home and googled it...I think I will be ordering a NEW one off the internet for under 20 dollars :laugh: :wink:
    :noway: :noway: :noway:

that video is $9-$12 at walmart or target. DO NOT pay any more than that!!! :noway:

i have 4 of jillian's workout DVD's. i had the 30 day shred first and thought it was hard as heck! then i stumbled upon the jillian michaels 30 day slimdown, which incorporates three of her DVD's over a 30 day period. man of man! MUCH harder than the shred, but made it kind of fun because it was something different each day (you can google it to see the full workout program).

i bought her yoga DVD because i am in an apartment and one of the DVD's is a lot of cardio, which my downstairs neighbors hate...so i switch it out.

one of these days i plan to start the 30 day slimdown again - and finish it this time!!

(sorry to side tract your NSV post! :flowerforyou:)
  • courtrptr13
    Options
    Great job! My weakness is passing up on food. I'm really trying to get a handle on it.
  • sec820
    sec820 Posts: 40
    Options
    Thanks for all of the positive comments!! I told my husband the other day that it's going to take me a while to be okay with the fact that I can't (or shouldn't) order what I really "want" at a restaurant. But I also remind myself that this is a lifestyle change, and I can't expect my new lifestyle to not include eating out and the occasional baby shower:) I am learning to not beat myself up about one meal here or there.

Thanks again for the encouragement!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!