Quest Chips? Are they the thing of dreams?!?!

Options
So, I'd heard of their mythical release. To those who have tried them, are they worth it? 130 calories for 21g of protein sounds incredible. Thoughts?! Should I stick to the bars?

I'm kinda leaning towards.....

4tn1hs.jpg

Replies

• monolith66
    monolith66 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My local supplement shop doesn't have them yet, but I will be buying some. I hear BBQ is the best one. ;)
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    BBQ is always a win flavor. I'm considering buying online just to try. With how long it took my Gnc just to carry the cookies and cream quest bar, I'm not holding my breath that they'll get these any time soon
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Say what???? How did I miss these??? :explode:

If anyone has had them please comment on their taste. I haven't seen them in any of the stores I frequent but I will buy a box online if they're good. Love me some chips, 2 g of fat and 21g of protein + taste and I'll be a happy lady :bigsmile:
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I ordered one bag of each flavor today because I needed protein bars anyway. I will let you know next week. :happy:
  • droxeene
    droxeene Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've tried these & they were ok.

A little pricy for a bag of chips but I always have a hard time meeting my protein for the day so these definitely help.

I prefer them over the bars which I find most too salty & I'd rather have chips be salty (cuz they're supposed to be) instead of a bar.

They start out good, nice & crunchy (makes you feel like you are eating chips which is cool) but then the end result is kinda funky. It's hard to explain but the texture gets sorta mushy & pasty & doesn't taste so chippy (is that even a word?) anymore.

Of course that's just my opinion & others may absolutely love them. :smile:

Not bad enough for me to never have them again but than again not good enough to order more at this point.

I did try all 3 (2 bags each) & liked the cheddar ones best, then the sea salt, & lastly the BBQ!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Whu??? Awesomeness!
  • alereck
    Options
    I've tried these & they were ok.

A little pricy for a bag of chips but I always have a hard time meeting my protein for the day so these definitely help.

I prefer them over the bars which I find most too salty & I'd rather have chips be salty (cuz they're supposed to be) instead of a bar.

They start out good, nice & crunchy (makes you feel like you are eating chips which is cool) but then the end result is kinda funky. It's hard to explain but the texture gets sorta mushy & pasty & doesn't taste so chippy (is that even a word?) anymore.

Of course that's just my opinion & others may absolutely love them. :smile:

Not bad enough for me to never have them again but than again not good enough to order more at this point.

I did try all 3 (2 bags each) & liked the cheddar ones best, then the sea salt, & lastly the BBQ!

I hear you, it's the same problem I have with protein bars, first two bites it's awesomeness since I rarely have chocolate or sweets but by the end of it it's like blah. But I haven't given up yet, I'll keep trying different bars and different ways of getting protein.

I hear people say they don't understand how non vegetarians have a hard time reaching their protein goals but I do. I eat protein with every meal but if I eat too much chicken or salmon I go over my calorie limit... anyway, rambling, these are always helpful. Thanks for the input.
  • savinoca
    savinoca Posts: 30
    Options
    I tried both the Cheddar & Sour Cream, as well as the BBQ.

I thought the C&SC were pretty nasty, to be honest. The Quest chips aren't quite exactly like potato chips. They reminded me almost of a thin matzah-esque wafer covered with the flavored powder.

The BBQ ones were much better. You still have the "not really a potato chip" issue, but the BBQ flavor is strong enough to make them not taste as cardboardish. I wouldn't go so far as to call them good, but I'd say they're pretty okay.

They're also quite pricey.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend them unless you're looking for a lower-cal version of the bars. If you're buying these to satisfy a "chip craving," I don't know that these would be too effective there. Every time I eat them I start craving Pop Chips instead, mmmmm...
  • alereck
    Options
    :ohwell: and I got all excited :cry:

I guess I'll stick with the special K potato chips, without the protein.
  • savinoca
    savinoca Posts: 30
    Options
    :ohwell: and I got all excited :cry:

I guess I'll stick with the special K potato chips, without the protein.

I think the thing with me is that I'm a total potato chip addict. The Quest chips are nice in a way that, I won't ever feel the need to binge on them. Those Special K ones on the other hand are pretty yummy and I could eat the whole box!
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    They are cardboard. We ordered a box of each flavor and I can't stomach any of them straight out of the bag. I can do the sea salt and the cheddar with salsa, and they're okay. I usually can't eat a whole bag in one sitting.

I had high hopes for them, but we won't be ordering any more.
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I didn't try the quest brand, I had something similar from GNC, it tasted horrible. I also had Quest peanut butter cup and it was the worst ever...so I won't have a high hope for this one....
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Well, this is sad.

I absolutely, in no way, would replace regular potato chips for these, even if they tasted like regular potato chips (Lays salt and vinegar can never have a replacement! ) but darn.

I can surely meet my protein macro, even on busy days with protein powder and the likes so, I guess I'll stick to the bars every blue moon

I might buy A bag, just to see but definitely not investing in an entire box.

Thanks everyone
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I got a box of the sea salt ones and one bag of the cheddar one to try for my birthday. I don't like BBQ flavored chips so I didn't get any. I like the sea salt ones more than the cheddar ones slightly.

They remind me of baked lays in their texture and how they look. Very flat and crispy. They don't have as much flavor though. They are very bland and have an aftertaste that is hard to describe. Cooked protein? I feel like the cheddar is trying to mask this aftertaste but the sea salt just makes it saltier and in my opinion, works better. I didn't have a hard time eating them and I found they are a good way to keep hunger away but I don't look forward to eating them like I do with my quest bars. I've had them for almost a month and have ate 5. In the same time I've consumed 2 boxes of quest bars I got for my birthday.

If I'm in the mood for something salty and crunchy, they sate that craving and they have a lot of protein. However, I rather grab a handful of nuts for some fat macros and use my quest bars or protein powder for extra protein. They aren't worth the money in my opinion and I won't be buying more once I run out. My friend bought me some of the Ideal Protein chips (she's in their program) and those are some amazing protein chips (with the same macros) awhile back and those are super tasty. I crave those all the time. But those are $5 a bag for members of the program so that's not happening.
  • RyPope14
    RyPope14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think people forget the fact that this is a protein supplement. How many can we actually name that taste GOOD lol? My first time ordering the cheddar and bbq I took a few bites out of each bag and immediately through them away. For some reason I expected a real potato chip taste and that wasn’t the case so it threw me off a little. A week later out of nowhere I received the same order again and decided to give them another try. Still wasn’t a big fan of the cheddar but the bbq actually started to taste good this time around. The first few bites are very flavorful, then the next thing you know you’ll start to taste the protein, a lot. I actually prefer the chip feel over bars and drinking water with them does help the process. It’s safe to say I’ve gotten used to the taste and eat them with no problem like a regular bag of chips now lol. For those that wants to trick there mind for chip cravings and still get your protein this is the perfect product. A late replay but I hope this helps :)