balsamic VS Tomato basil Vinaigrette or all dressings?

Options
I work in a restaurant and for lunch I have to eat there today. We don't have nutritional facts on our food.

For lunch I was going to eat romaine lettuce with a chopped black bean ( I am bringing from home) but I was going to use our restaurant salads dressing. We have balsamic vinaigrette in a bottle and tomato basil vinaigrette that we make ourselves. I always thought balsamic vinaigrette was healthy for you-but when I put it in my food dairy it was like 60 cals and 280 sodium! And the TBV is 30 cals and 230 sodium. SO my question is what do my fellow MFP's know about these two dressings? Is one better than the other? The only thing I worry about is since we make the dressing, I am worried it is worse for you.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I work in a restaurant and for lunch I have to eat there today. We don't have nutritional facts on our food.

For lunch I was going to eat romaine lettuce with a chopped black bean ( I am bringing from home) but I was going to use our restaurant salads dressing. We have balsamic vinaigrette in a bottle and tomato basil vinaigrette that we make ourselves. I always thought balsamic vinaigrette was healthy for you-but when I put it in my food dairy it was like 60 cals and 280 sodium! And the TBV is 30 cals and 230 sodium. SO my question is what do my fellow MFP's know about these two dressings? Is one better than the other? The only thing I worry about is since we make the dressing, I am worried it is worse for you.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
  • dmfear
    dmfear Posts: 24
    Options
    We actually don't make the TB dressing...It comes from a bottle. Look in the walk-in for the bottle and it prob has the nutrtional info on it
  • Dreamerlove
    Options
    really??? They are all Liiiiaaarssss
  • Dreamerlove
    Options
    btw, i was kinda hurt no one responded, lol. And I was being nice the other day and made a motivational post....no one responded! lol i was rejected.....:sad:
  • dmfear
    Options
    yeah dude. i had to go pick up some from wendover a couple of months ago
  • dmfear
    Options
    probably because the boobies on your pic are intimidating
  • Dreamerlove
    Options
    yeaa...your probably right. I know they intimidate me.
  • Dreamerlove
    Options
    haha I even re-posted the ? to throw it back in the feed, lol still no help
  • dmfear
    Options
    I don't blame them
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the dressing you like most. If you like it, you'll find the meal more satisfying. Tomato basil sounds pretty tasty to me ;-). Just put whatever you choose on the side and dip your fork into the dressing before the salad.