Wanting to start IIFYM but living at home, help :(

Options
Hello everyone!

I've been really considering starting IIFYM but the one problem is that I'm still living at home with my mum (going to be starting University soon and it's in Chinese culture to stay with your parents). That means I really don't get to control or weigh the foods I eat especially at dinner time.

I've been trying to make my own breakfast but then she'd always question me about it and I'm thinking it'll be really hard for me to hit macros if I don't have control over what I eat. Moreover right now I'm still in school and she makes my lunch as well :/

I really don't want to sound like a whiner but I'd really like some advice. What should I do? Should I start IIFYM now in senior year or wait? Thanks to all the replies before hand

Replies

• SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Talk to your mom about what you are doing and see if she'll get on board with you. Buy a food scale, work with her in the kitchen so you know the recipes, and then figure out how much of what you're eating.
  • macdiver
    macdiver Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Traditional Asian food tends to be fairly healthful. Unless you want to be a body builder, total calories are more important than maintaining perfect macro ratios. Learn proper portion control and take a little extra of the meat and a little less rice. You'll be fine.