Stupid Scale

Options
I weigh every day. I track my progress. I also keep things in perspective. This is just one tool in my tool belt.

o0cb7.jpg

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :heart: :smooched: :flowerforyou:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Okay, that's pretty good!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Mine's a bloody *kitten* and I have to give it a swift kick once in a while :heart: :drinker:
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Mine collects a layer of dust on it now cause it only makes it way out of the closet once a month.... lol It is pure freedom not having to live or die by that arbitrary number on the scale.... :glasses:
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    One smart lady!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Love!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Yep :flowerforyou:
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I way every day to amuse myself I was down yesterday I'm way up today but frankly my legs hate me. On the plus side I've finally found a leg exercise that challenges my legs after a crap ton of reps of course.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Fantastic and should be required reading for all new MFP people ! :smile:
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Perspective is a beautiful thing......especially when you have the right one.
    Good stuff :)
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    CYBERED
    Mine collects a layer of dust on it now cause it only makes it way out of the closet once a month.... lol It is pure freedom not having to live or die by that arbitrary number on the scale.... :glasses:

AMAZING Job CYBERED!!! I am still a slave to my scale, but at some point it may join my other scale in the closet :)
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

I weigh myself daily. The number isn't arbitrary, but it is a very coarse tool to track a very fine-grained process. The chapter on "Signal and Noise" in John Walker's The Hacker's Diet (free online, just Google it) explains why I weigh daily and how to extract useful information from that number that fluctuates so wildly.

I put more stock in my energy level, strength, stamina, etc. than in my weight, but I still think it's a useful number as long as you don't let yourself be ruled by it.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    OP - LOVE THIS!

@CyberEd - Agreed

To the both of you:

2cfzfpy.jpg