What was your very first log day like?

Options
After hitting my weight target this week, out of curiosity I checked my very first log entry from last December (183cm, 94kg). I've always remembered it as the day I've spent half of my daily calories on breakfast only :bigsmile: the prototype of a bad eating habits I had before MFP. But back then my daily budget was around 1700. Today I was blown away - with my maintenance budget of 2180 kcal I would have 60 left! :noway:

What was the first day like for you? Did it open your eyes big time as it was for me?

Replies

• JahuSojka
    JahuSojka Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So cool :-) Huge congrats!! :-)
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    It was both exciting and exasperating. I knew I was embarking on a long tough journey but was ready for it and when I saw how much I was eating it was holy crap!!:frown:
  • bergpa
    bergpa Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Shock and horror.
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    SAME!! I had no idea I was consuming >4000 calories a day and >8000mg of Sodium. With High blood pressure, my doc said: Cut back on sodium. I thought I had, HAHA Oh, and the high blood pressure? " It's gone.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    After hitting my weight target this week, out of curiosity I checked my very first log entry from last December (183cm, 94kg). I've always remembered it as the day I've spent half of my daily calories on breakfast only :bigsmile: the prototype of a bad eating habits I had before MFP. But back then my daily budget was around 1700. Today I was blown away - with my maintenance budget of 2180 kcal I would have 60 left! :noway:

What was the first day like for you? Did it open your eyes big time as it was for me?

How is your maintenance only 2180 calories? Without deliberate exercise I still maintain on 2300i-2400sh. With exercise I maintain at around 2800ish.

Keep an eye on it...my guess is that you'll continue to lose weight at 2180 calories.

In RE to the question, my first log was ok...I had already been changing my eating habits and lost 20 lbs before I ever logged into MFP.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Yep! I went to Whataburger for lunch, came home and logged it and found out I was done eating for the day. =( That first week or so was really an eye opener for me. However, I stayed within my calories and lost 3lbs. the first week!
  • smashy_smashy
    smashy_smashy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It was both exciting and exasperating. I knew I was embarking on a long tough journey but was ready for it and when I saw how much I was eating it was holy crap!!:frown:

Agreed! It was the same for me. I just ate whatever I would usually be inclined to, and logged it all, and was surprised and disgusted. I had gone over my calories that first day by 622, for a grand total of 2422. I'd had issues with portion control most of my life, and stopping eating when I was actually full. I'm down almost 12 pounds from when I started just 2 months ago, so I'm on my way!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    My first day I ate 1252 calories, lol. I overall knew very well what was making me fat, so I knew what to cut. Lots of quick added calories though because I guess I used packaged stuff and didn't bother entering what it was. I forgot.
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    How is your maintenance only 2180 calories? Without deliberate exercise I still maintain on 2300i-2400sh. With exercise I maintain at around 2800ish.

Keep an eye on it...my guess is that you'll continue to lose weight at 2180 calories.

In RE to the question, my first log was ok...I had already been changing my eating habits and lost 20 lbs before I ever logged into MFP.

I have a desk job and don't have to walk much to get there so I've set my daily activity as sedentary. But I log most of my walks and other cardio, so I'm definately not starving ;) We'll see, I was loosing very little at 1900.
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    You guys rock :flowerforyou: I didn't dare yet to count how much calories I was regularly eating before, but I will now just for the heck of it :bigsmile: